cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding FXS card to 2811 with FXO card H323 gateway.

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

In order to add the FXS card in Call Manager 4.2(3)SR3,Do I have to add it as a MGCP gateway

This is for a fax machine at remote .

Will it screw up H323 gateway?

What mgcp commands are needed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies 5

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

You can run mgcp and h323 simultaneously on your router, but if you already have it setup as an h323 gateway, there's no reason to add mgcp unless you really want to.

Just install the fxs card and add something like this:

voice-port 0/1/0

ring cadence define 50 10

impedance 600c

station-id name [call id name]

station-id number [call id number]

caller-id enable

There are different cadences but the config is pretty basic. If you need to be able to fax from that fxs port to other local fax machines (local meaning on-net, local to the same router) just add dial-peers pointing to either the other fxs ports or voip dial-peers to ccm. Chances are the voip dial-peers to ccm are already in place.

When the fax machine goes off hook to dial out, it'll access your existing outbound dial-peers. So if you're stripping your external access code (ie 9+number) off at the route pattern or route list levels, then you'll need to either add outbound dial-peers with a leading 9 or tell the users that they don't have to dial the leading 9 when faxing.

cheers,

Will

Thanks Will!

Will I have to add a route pattern in Call pattern in Call Manager to route the DN to this H323 gateway and does the station-id name assign the DN to that voice port or would I configure a incoming dial peer?

Hi friend, If you are configuring your gateway with FXS as h323 gateway, yes you need to add a

Route Pattern in your CCM that point the "directory number" of the fax/phone that is connected

to the FXS port.

In the CCM

- Add a route pattern. PATTERN=1234, GATEWAY=The h323 gateway.

In the h323 gateway

- A dial-peer voip config that point to the CCM

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern 4... (dial plan of your CCM)

session target ipv4:CCM-IP

codec g729r8

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

- A dial-peer pots to define a directory number for the FAX/Phone connected to the FXS port

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 1234

port 0/0 (FXS port)

All the best

David

I added the route pattern sending 1234 to the H323 gateway but I keep getting the Your call cannot be completed as dialed message.

I can make outbound calls with no problme.

Do you think it is routing out the FXO card.

Hi friend, verify that your h323 Gateway has a CSS configured, also check apply this commands in your h323 gateway:

RT(config)#voice rtp send-recv

* On the FE interface mode:

RT(config-if)#h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr IP-OF-YOUR-FASTETHERNET-INTERFACE

All the best

David