Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Lines via BAT

Stefan McIntyre
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in a bit of a pickle here guys.

So I am deploying two new locations.  I created a bat file to import the phones with all the user info, worked great.  Now I need to go back and add a second line to all these phones.  I proceed to follow this document to add lines via bat....

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_C271A69D_00_cucm-bulk-administration-guide-91/CUCM_BK_C271A69D_00_cucm-bulk-administration-guide-91_chapter_01010.html#CUCM_TK_A3E2683C_00 

However...the first DN is mandatory, I have already added the first DN during the phone import, this wouldn't be a problem but it won't let me add the first DN since it already exists, nullifying the whole process.  All I want to do is add a second, same number mind you, directory number to all the phones I've already added to the system.  Is there not a way for me to ONLY add a second directory number via bat (or any other method), since I cannot add two line during the phone bat import, without doing it manually?

6 Replies 6

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

You can export the current phones and create another .csv files that contain the phones current "Line 1" and then add the secondary line to each phone. You can follow the steps below and make sure that you check the "Update the existing phone button template"

Adding Lines to Existing Phones and UDPs

Use the following procedure to add lines to exiting phones and UDP templates:

Before You Begin

You must have a BAT template for this transaction. See the "Adding or Updating Lines in a BAT Template" section on page 3-4.

You must have a CSV data file for this transaction. See the "Using the BAT Spreadsheet to Add Lines to Existing phones" section for information.

Procedure

Step 1 Choose Bulk Administration > Phones > Add/Update Lines > Add Lines.

The Phone Add Lines window displays.

Step 2 In the File Name field, choose the CSV data file that you created for this bulk transaction.

Step 3 In the Phone Template Name field, choose the BAT phone template to use for this bulk transaction.

Step 4 If you are changing the phone settings for existing phones in the template, check the Update the existing phone button template check box. The user phone information also gets updated when this check box is checked.

Step 5 In the Job Information area, enter the Job description.

Step 6 To insert the phone records immediately, click the Run Immediately radio button. Click Run Later to insert the phone records at a later time.

Step 7 To create a job for adding lines to existing phones and UDPs, click Submit.

Step 8 To schedule and/or activate this job, use the Job Configuration window.

For more information on jobs, see the Chapter 82, "Scheduling Jobs."

For information on log files, see "BAT Log Files" section on page 83-3.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

I've done all that.  Like I said when I go to add lines it rejects the file because there already exists a Line 1 for the phones.

I am having the same issue like Stefan and it seems the issue has not been resolved. I followed all the steps above as per the BAT guide. But the main error l got (like Stephan) is that the log will show there is error UNIQUE index as DN is already in the Informix database.

I have never added a second line using BAT, I will try tomorrow but try this. 

Export the Phones and then import by adding 2nd line. Don't change anything else. Make sure you have 2 Lines on the phones though.

I will try to test it tomorrow if  I get some  time and let you know if it works for me.

Vishal,

Any luck with figuring this out? Having a similar problem here.  CUCM says template does not match, but it sure looks like it matches.

ryan

I added "Line Index" to my CSV.

For eg - Device Profile; Line Index: Directory Number

xxxx                   2                    xxxx

Able to add the second line using BAT with above csv

hth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: