cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding office in brazil to our centralized VOIP in the US?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all,

We are being asked by our management to consider adding an office in Brazil to our centralized cisco Call Manager.  This is all new to us and I am wondering if anyone here on the forums has any experience with such an implementation?  Our first discussion was around dial plan overlap complication.  The concern being, our North American numbers are based on 10 digits while Brazil appears to be longer, see below:

SãozPaulo,zSP(0XX)11+ 8 digit subscriber nr

Our first concern if if the number is overlapped the call manager will go with the first match and not wait for additional digits to proceed.

If anyone here on the forum has any experience with integrating an office from Brazil into a centralized build can you please share how you handled the integration?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I haven't dealt with Brazil particularly but I have worked on international deployments with a centralized clustering model.  A lot of how you should handle this depends on how your existing dial plan is implemented and that's probably a bit much to get into all the specifics in the forum...but in general:  My opinion is that E.164 is the way to go with an international deployment.  Using the country codes (ex: +1 for NANP sites and +55 for Brazil) to program fully qualified numbers at the directory number level will prevent overlap and you can use other multi-tenant dial plan concepts to achieve abbreviated dialing, site code dialing, or whatever the case may be.  I've used our dial plan to implement a solution for a customer with sites in a number of countries/regions around the world without issue.  However, you can still accomplish this type of requirement even if you are using a more site-based dial plan approach.  It's probably a good idea to take a look at the SRND as it lays out some good guidelines for how to accomplish what you're looking to do.

Hailey

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I haven't dealt with Brazil particularly but I have worked on international deployments with a centralized clustering model.  A lot of how you should handle this depends on how your existing dial plan is implemented and that's probably a bit much to get into all the specifics in the forum...but in general:  My opinion is that E.164 is the way to go with an international deployment.  Using the country codes (ex: +1 for NANP sites and +55 for Brazil) to program fully qualified numbers at the directory number level will prevent overlap and you can use other multi-tenant dial plan concepts to achieve abbreviated dialing, site code dialing, or whatever the case may be.  I've used our dial plan to implement a solution for a customer with sites in a number of countries/regions around the world without issue.  However, you can still accomplish this type of requirement even if you are using a more site-based dial plan approach.  It's probably a good idea to take a look at the SRND as it lays out some good guidelines for how to accomplish what you're looking to do.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: