cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding phones before a 6.1 upgrade

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a large amount of phones still in boxes that I'm adding to a callmanager 4.2.3 before I do an 6.1 upgrade. My question is do these phones have to have been registered at all in order to gain the DLU's when the system is upgraded. Or is it as long as the phones are in the database in 4.2.3 then they get DLU's in 6.1. My phones are inserted in the database without DN's but have never been plugged in. Thanks

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

They dont have to be registered. They just need to be in the database. Or else if you have a Cisco SO number for the purchase of those phones, you can simply call tac and get equivalent DLUs for it. That way you dont have to bother adding them into the database prior to the upgrade.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks.

Jason

honniesr
Level 1
Level 1

TAC has a spreadsheet you can fill out also that allows you to figure out how many DLU's you really need from previous versions. This will also help you account for any soft phones (IP Communicator) you haven't rolled out yet.

Thanks,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: