Adding Phones in CCME failure

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

The platform is a 2801 router running

OS Description Cisco Internetwork Operating System

Cisco IOS (tm) C2801

Cisco IOS Software C2801-SPSERVICESK9-M

Software Version 12.4(15)T1 / CME 4.1(0)

Feature Package IP|FIREWALL|VOICE|PLUS|SSH|3DES

GUI Version 4.1.0.1 (Compatible with IOS 12.4(11)XJ)

In the GUI when I attempt to add a phone, I can find the MAC of the phone and go through the motions to add it, click save and I get an Error on page at the bottom of the IE browser.

Line: 7153

Char: 13

Error: 'value' is null ornot an object

Code: 0

URL: http://10.15.1.118/ITSMain

What is the cause of this? Is it the GUI installed with this version?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Todd,

You may be hitting this bug;

CSCsb35504: GUI interface can't add phone if "no auto-reg-ephone" is set under telephony-service

There is a nice explanation of the problem from NetPro Jorge @ AT&T - Alestra

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddd19f3/0#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

I wish it was that simple, but nope. There are errors on the page itself, the ephone_admin.html page comes up with errors.

If I click on add a phone I get the two phones that are registered in the drop down box, go through the motions of setting the fields, add a PIN and user, click add, get the popup to save and then nothing, but on the main screen there is the error icon in the left corner. I think something got fragged during install. Going to wipe the flash and start over using 4.1.0.2 for the GUI instead.

You can try, but have to tell you in honesty, there are many things that the gui doesn't do or does poorly. So rather than trying to fix the unfixable, one uses the CLI and end of history.

I'm experiencing this with 12.4(15)T5 and GUI 4.1.0.2 (Compatible with IOS 12.4(15)T). I was able to add a lot of phones before when I was first setting the system up, but I'm now coming across this same error.

Any fixes for it yet?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: