cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding softkeys to 7921with CME

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

How would I do this? The admin guide has unstructions for CallManager but not for CME. I am specifically interested in adding the Meetme softkey.

Thanks,

Diego

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Diego,

SCCP: Configuring Conferencing Options for a Phone

To configure a template of conferencing features such as the add party mode, drop party mode, and soft keys, for multi-party ad hoc, and meet-me conferences and apply the template to a phone, perform the following steps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note The following commands can also be configured in ephone configuration mode. Commands configured in ephone configuration mode have priority over commands in ephone-template configuration mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Restrictions

•The ConfList (including the Remove, Update, and Exit soft keys within the ConfList function) and RmLstC soft keys do not work on a Cisco Unified IP Phone 7902, 7935, and 7936.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. ephone-template template-tag

4. conference add-mode [creator]

5. conference drop-mode [creator | local]

6. conference admin

7. softkeys connected {[Acct] [ConfList] [Confrn] [Endcall] [Flash] [HLog] [Hold] [Join] [LiveRcd] [Park] [RmLstC] [Select] [TrnsfVM] [Trnsfer]}

8. softkeys hold {[Join] [Newcall] [Resume] [Select]}

9. softkeys idle {[Cfwdall] [ConfList] [Dnd] [Gpickup] [HLog] [Join] [Login] [Newcall] [Pickup] [Redial] [RmLstC]}

10. softkeys seized {[CallBack] [Cfwdall] [Endcall] [Gpickup] [HLog] [MeetMe] [Pickup] [Redial]}

11. exit

12. ephone phone-tag

13. ephone-template template-tag

14. end

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express System Administrator Guide

Configuring Conferencing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html#wp1017618

Hope this helps!

Rob

That works for my 796x and 797x phones but it doesn't seem to affect the 7921 phones. Remember they are slighly different with a message and option softkeys which can't be changed and then numbered options below the option key.

Diego