cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding the last four digits to Speed Dials

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

I have a question that has been presented to me. The situation is that the customer has a site that is not connected over the WAN and uses the PSTN for all voice calls.

The customer makes calls to this site using 9 and then the long distance number. Now the access code, area code, and prefix will be the same for all calls to this site.

I would like to create a speed dial that will call the first 8 digits and allow the user to add the last four of the the called number.

So far I have tried 2 different options.

First I created a route pattern that explicitly defines the area code and prefix with a XXXX wildcard to match the remaining digits. This did not work. As soon as i hit the speed dial I get your call can not be completed as dialed from the ccm.

Second, I created a translation the same way and changed the called party transform mask to the 9, area code, prefix, and then XXXX wildcard. Same result.

To me the nature of the speed dial is the speed. As soon as you press your speed dial the call is presented out to the gateway. The gateway type is MGCP because at first I was thinking of adding pauses to the dial-peer and see if that would give me time to add the remaining four digits.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

netkil
Level 1
Level 1

Off the top of my head, I believe "Fast Dials" might be your answer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

netkil
Level 1
Level 1

Off the top of my head, I believe "Fast Dials" might be your answer.

right you are. I was alerted to the option of fast dials after the post and was able to successfully get the option working. Thanks for your insight.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: