Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

advantage of outbound globalization

hello, I am trying to clarify the actual advantage of outbound globalization.

For instance, I understand the avantage of local route groups i.e. you have a set of route patterns that link back to your calling device's local route group. That is fine. Now all sites at different physical locations in the centralized deployment can just use this single set of route patterns which auto refer back to their individual local route groups (egress gateways). Fine. Lots of duplicate route patterns saved.

Now introduce outbound globalization for further advantage?, i.e. all called numbers are globalized immediately after dialling to "+" prefix format by means of translation patterns inside of individual CSS'. We can delete the original set of route patterns and replace them with a single "\+.!" catchall route pattern. (the translation pattern CSS provide the class of control that was lost when we deleted the original route patterns, so functionality is still the same. Excellent, no problems there.

However I cant see where the advantage of doing this is.

Sure, by globalizing the outbound called numbers, this has enabled me to delete my main set of route patterns and replace with a single "\+.!", but is this advantage not offset by the fact that I have had to create an equivalent set of translation patterns to create the globalized numbers ?

Seems like all I have done is replace one quantity of route patterns with an equal quantity of translation patterns.

Where is the actual advantage of outbound globalization ?

Thank you for any clarification.

Views
Helpful
Replies