Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Advice for installing device pack

Hi Experts,

Need some advice for installing a device pack on our CCM cluster.

we are currently running 8.6.2.22900-9 version which doesnt support 8831 phones.

I see that installing cmterm-devicepack8.6.2.23079-1.cop.sgn will help to support 8831 phones.

However, I observe that this device pack will also update the firmware of our other phone models as well.

We currently do not want to upgrade our 69XX phones.

I am planning to follow the below procedure to install the device pack without changing the firmware version for our existing 69XX phones.

1. Take a DRS backup of the system
  2. Stop the TFTP services on the Cluster so that the firmware change is not propagated to 69xx phones
  3. Note down the firmware version of 69XX phones in the device defaults page
  4. Install the device pack
  5. Put the old firmware version of 69XX phones in the device defaults page
  6. Reboot the cluster
  7. Restart the tftp services on the cluster

Can you please comment if I am missing something and if the above procedure is OK ?

Please let me know if a better procedure exists for our needs.

Thanks,

Pete

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Re:Advice for installing device pack

Hi Pete

That process will work. Another way of doing this is to run a BAT job to set the firmware load on each 69xx to the existing default prior to installation of the DP. That way you can install the device pack and reboot your cluster without stopping the TFTP services

Barry Hesk

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Silver

Here is the procedure I follow -

1 - Copy the version name of firmware currently running on your 69XX phones from the Device Default configuration      page and paste it in notepad

2 - Install your new Device Pack via CLI commands and SFTP server.  The device defaults will now change to the new      versions

3 - Copy the new firmware version name into notepad

4 - Paste the old firmware version name into the device default section and click Update

5 - Restart you TFTP services

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080a277a3.shtml

Thanks,
Tony

Please rate helpful posts!

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony
4 REPLIES
Gold

Hi Pete

That process will work. Another way of doing this is to run a BAT job to set the firmware load on each 69xx to the existing default prior to installation of the DP. That way you can install the device pack and reboot your cluster without stopping the TFTP services

Barry Hesk

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thanks a lot for your reply, Barry really appreciate it.

Silver

Here is the procedure I follow -

1 - Copy the version name of firmware currently running on your 69XX phones from the Device Default configuration      page and paste it in notepad

2 - Install your new Device Pack via CLI commands and SFTP server.  The device defaults will now change to the new      versions

3 - Copy the new firmware version name into notepad

4 - Paste the old firmware version name into the device default section and click Update

5 - Restart you TFTP services

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080a277a3.shtml

Thanks,
Tony

Please rate helpful posts!

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Many thanks, Tony.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content