cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Advice needed - Avaya Definity to Cisco CUCM 7.1

coconino1969
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I have been asked to integrate an Avaya Definity G3siV6 (at a remote location) to our CUCM 7.1 and I'm trying to find out if its possible to connect them utilizing our current network connection at the Definity G3 location without having to acquire a new T1 circuit from the Telco.

The Definity G3 can only be connected using a T1 connection from what I have seen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Coconino

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Of course, you only need a voice gateway like a 2801 with a VWIC, and one PVDM2-32.

Then it will talk VoIP to CM.

Note you need collaboration from the avaya technician. If you don't have that, get a dual port T1 , 48 channels PVDM, and fit the router between PBX and PSTN, That way you can do wtihout any help from PBX people.

Note in any case you need support from a certified partner or reputable consultant. I do not recommend this is attempted by end user.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Of course, you only need a voice gateway like a 2801 with a VWIC, and one PVDM2-32.

Then it will talk VoIP to CM.

Note you need collaboration from the avaya technician. If you don't have that, get a dual port T1 , 48 channels PVDM, and fit the router between PBX and PSTN, That way you can do wtihout any help from PBX people.

Note in any case you need support from a certified partner or reputable consultant. I do not recommend this is attempted by end user.

coconino1969
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the quick response.

I will give that a try. Is there a document in Cisco with more of the specifics?

There are plenty of interoperability guides for CUCM at the following link:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns728/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805b561d.html

There are several Avaya interop guides.  The latest Definity guide is for CUCM 5.x and it is focused on using Q.SIG.  It should be applicable.

If you are not using Q.SIG then the configuration is pretty vanilla.  The most critical thing would be clocking for the T1 and DSPfarms.  Particularly if you plan to host PSTN and Inter-PBX trunks on the same gateway.  Cisco recommends that the gateway recovers clock from carrier (i.e. line) and generates clock to the PBX (ie. internal).

Outside of that, you will want someone who knows there way around the Avaya switch.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I have some difficulties finding the right documentation in Cisco.com, I sure appreciate the info.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: