cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After doing hard reset # 123456789*0# the phone is showing Upgrading from long time

sweetsaif999
Level 1
Level 1

1)After doing hard reset # 123456789*0# the phone is showing Upgrading from long time how much time it will take and what are the next steps i have to do?

2) i have configure an ATA 186 and assigned the DID to it  then i plug the phone 1 cord into line of fax but their is no dial tone what are the further steps to be done?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Can you check on the switch whether the phone is getting an IP address or not? Please make sure it is getting an IP in the subnet in which it should.

Once the phone gets an IP then it should probably be redirected to the TFTP to load the firmware.

Execute the following commands.

show cdp nei gigabitEthernet detail

IF the phone does not have an IP then we cannot do much. Alternatively try plugging the phone at a working phone port.

In case above does not work then take the phone to the main site get it upgraded and then plug it at the remote site.

PS: I am assuming that the phone is stuck at the upgrading screen and not showing any activity thereafter.

HTH

Tapan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ruud van Strijp
Level 1
Level 1

When you hard reset your phone, you need to connect it to a network where it can find it's firmware through TFTP. So you also need to set a TFTP server in your DHCP server. Also make sure you actually have a firmware loaded for your type of phone, if it's a CallManager Express.

Thanks For your Reply

i am not using Call Manager Express the phone is at Branch side Through WAN it is getting registerd with CUCM 7.1.5 i have checked the Ip Phone status in CUCM is unknown and on phone is still in Uprgrading can i delete the Ip Phone in CUCM and assign the same DID to it will it work..

2) i have configure an ATA 186 and assigned the DID to it  then i plug the phone 1 cord into line of fax  and ethernet cable to the switch but their is no dial tone what are the further steps to be done?

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Can you check on the switch whether the phone is getting an IP address or not? Please make sure it is getting an IP in the subnet in which it should.

Once the phone gets an IP then it should probably be redirected to the TFTP to load the firmware.

Execute the following commands.

show cdp nei gigabitEthernet detail

IF the phone does not have an IP then we cannot do much. Alternatively try plugging the phone at a working phone port.

In case above does not work then take the phone to the main site get it upgraded and then plug it at the remote site.

PS: I am assuming that the phone is stuck at the upgrading screen and not showing any activity thereafter.

HTH

Tapan

Yah exactly their was a problem with a Switch port

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: