cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

after-hours and CFA issue

Telematic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, Our configuration have the after-hours for call blocking; when a user make the CFA to external line and him received an incoming call from outside (PSTN) this fail and take disconnect. If I delete the command: "after-hours block pattern 1 0" under the telephony service, the CFA work fine but I loose the after-hours features. Please let me know if this is a bug or I miss some command. I attach a part of config. thx

5 Replies 5

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

The primary use of CFA in the CME environment is to CFA to your cell phone when out of the office. You can restrict the number of digits that are allowed in the CFA number and the CFA number is checked against the after-hours blocking patterns.

I not understand what do u mean. can you explain me with an example of configuration?

thx

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Enrico,

I don't think you have missed anything in fact this is working as expected. The Call Blocking applies to CFA as well as other call types. The only thing that I can think of is to make calls to your pre-defined external numbers exempt;

Call Blocking exemption;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080877938.html#wp1016962

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

really not work as expected because the CFA not work also in the working hours and the other call types work fine in the working hours. So this is the real problem

thx

Hi Enrico,

Well, your after-hours block is set for 23 Hours and 55 minutes per day. So with this set the only time that the Call Forward All to an external number would work is between 11:55PM and Midnite :(

Maybe you could tweak the block times to see if it changes the results.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: