The message store is off-box. After upgrade from Unity 4.04SR1 to 5.01, we are unable to create subscribers in SA Web. The radio button is grayed out.
Event log shows AvDCGC service can not connect to DC
The test result by the DCGC reconnect tools are good, Ping netbios name or full name are OK between unity and AD
And before the upgrade, unity 4.04sr1 is working fine
Can anyone help ?
After the upgrade, did you run the Permissions Wizard and the Unity Message Store Configuration Wizard? If services can not come up, it may be because your Unity System's AD and Exchange account are inaccessible.
Shikamaru, I did Permissions Wizard and the Unity Message Store Configuration Wizard.
All services (Av....) are UP.
MWI, message left and retrieved are also OK, but delay.
So, did the Permissions Wizard and Unity Message Store Configuration Wizard fix the issue or was it something else?
Sounds like you need to use the grantunityaccess command. It did not set for some reason. Or your COS is not working properly.
Running the permissions wizards. I believe there is a new on at ciscounitytools.com.
Actually, I ran the permisssion wizard which downloaded from ciscounitytools for unity upgrade.
When I put the mouse's pointer on the Add or delete button (they are grayed out) it shows the message " The Domain Controller for xx.com cannot be contacted. Add is temporarily not allowed "
The DC tested by DCGC tools are OK
Adding subscriber is OK before the upgrade, it implies the COS is also OK before the upgrade.
Go through your DNS and make sure all server names are resolving correctly. DNS could be your culprit here.
I can not directly access DNS servers
But I have tested OK by ping to / from unity to DC by netbios name or full name.
was there a schema update run correctly for the install? Possibly the schema did not update correctly in the domain?
I would check the event log on the unity server then for Windows. See if you have any errors and let us know.
Event reported by CiscoUnity_DSAD ( event ID 1017) , it says it can not communicate DC ......
Thanks your advices.
With the help from TAC, it was fixed by manually removed one of DC by the DCGC tools.
But it is strange that the setting in DCGC tools is same for Unity 4 and 5. (it was kept same during the upgrade)
Tac opened DCGC tool, he found there is a spare in front of domain controller entry, just delete the spare to fix the problem
Sorry it should be " space " not spare
Tac opened DCGC tool, he found there is a space in front of domain controller entry, just delete the space to fix the problem
How did he delete the spare the dcgc tool doesn't seem to allow me to do anything apart from test the connection
DC and GC are detected auto by the tool by default
manually add the DC and GC.
Before unity 5.01 , DC and GC were manually added, after upgrade to unity 5.01, there was a "space" in front of DC (DC was maunally added) just delete the space, it was fixed