Views
Helpful
Replies

aim-cue 7.1 Later Migration License

warquezho0612
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have aim-cue which I upgraded from 3.2 to 7.0 to 7.4  and used its evaluation license which will expire next month. Is there  any way I can reset the evaluation license?

I also read that there is a procedure called Migrating to CSL License, I'm new to this, but is this free and permanent?

Thanks,

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

Sorry to jump in here, but i thought i might be able to help out a bit

As  you nicely linked;

If you are upgrading to the same of licensed features as before, the CSL licenses are free.

Then you have to follow this process to determine what you can legally receive for "free";

To migrate to CSL licenses, use the following procedure:

1. Use the show software license command to determine which pre-CSL licenses you have.

The name of the pre-CSL licenses include the incremental quantity of the license. For example SCUE-LIC-25CME.

2. For mailboxes, add the number of GDMs (Group Delivery Mailboxes) that you will be using because they were not included in the pre-CSL counts but are now being represented in the CSL counts.

3. Divide the total number of pre-CSL licensed features by the incremental quantity represented in the name of the appropriate CSL SKU.

For mailboxes, divide by five. For ports, divide by two. For IVR sessions, divide by two.

If the result is not a whole number, round up. This will give you the explicit quantity of CSL incremental licenses that you need.

As an example, if you have the following pre-CSL licenses and you have 10 GDMs:

•SCUE-LIC-100CCM

•8 instances of SCUE-LIC-PORT-2

•SCUE-IVR-S16

You will need to choose:

•22 instances of FL-CUE-MBX-5

•8 instances of FL-CUE-PORT-2

•8 instances of FL-CUE-IVR-2

So, going from the 3.2 licenses you linked you will need to choose:

•4 instances of FL-CUE-MBX-5

•3 instances of FL-CUE-PORT-2

•0 instances of FL-CUE-IVR-2

You can't really move to the extra 50 mailboxes + IVR port/sessions for free

Then you follow this process to obtain the 'CSL Migration" licenses.

Using the Migration Portal

Note You must have a Cisco.com password to access some of the URLs in the following procedure.

Follow these steps to obtain a migration license for your existing Cisco Unity Express 7.1 features:

Step 1 Go to the licensing portal at www.cisco.com/go/license and click the link at the bottom of the page to go to the license migration portal.

Step 2 On the router that is running the features that you want to migrate, enter the show inventory command to see the corresponding product IDs and serial numbers.

Step 3 Enter the appropriate product ID and the serial number and click Continue.

The product ID is the type of Network Module that you are using, such as AIM-CUE.

Step 4 Use the drop-down menus to select the product family, product, and feature (SKU), then click Continue.

For the product, use the SKU that you determined in the previous section for the features that you want to migrate.

Enter your registration information, including your company's name and e-mail address, then click Continue.

Step 5 Verify all of your license information and click Submit to receive the free CSL upgrade license file by e-mail.

Step 6 Repeat the appropriate steps above for each device that is running features that you want to migrate.

Step 7 Copy the license file(s) to a FTP or TFTP server.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CUE Migration licenses are obtained online at:

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/Licensing/LicenseAdminServlet/migrateLicense?subGroup=CUEIVRFEAT

Only inputs to application are prod. ID and S/N.

Is this free? And once obtained will be permanent?

Migration licenses are permanent.

For price / licensing questions contact your Cisco reseller.

According to this http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/Using_CSL.html#wp1106878

If you are upgrading to the same of licensed features as before, the CSL licenses are free.

I'm assuming that since I begun from 3.2 to 7.0 to 7.4 that this migration licensing is free?

Are you upgrading to the same of licensed features as before ?

if Yes, CSL licenses are free.

If Not, are NOT free.

How would I know if I'am upgrading to the same licensed feature as before?

Here are its license settings before I upgraded to 7.4.1

BEFORE (3.2)

Installed license files:

- voicemail_lic.sig : ENGINEERING 12 MAILBOX LICENSE

Core:

- Application mode: CCM

- Total usable system ports: 6

Voicemail/Auto Attendant:

- Max system mailbox capacity time: 840

- Default # of general delivery mailboxes: 5

- Default # of personal mailboxes: 12

- Max # of configurable mailboxes: 17

Interactive Voice Response:

- Max # of IVR sessions: Not Available

Languages:

- Max installed languages: 1

- Max enabled languages: 1

AFTER (7.0.6)

Installed license files:

- voicemail_lic.sig : 50 MAILBOX LICENSE

Core:

- Application mode: CCM

- Total usable system ports: 6

Voicemail/Auto Attendant:

- Max system mailbox capacity time: 840

- Default # of general delivery mailboxes: 15

- Default # of personal mailboxes: 50

- Max # of configurable mailboxes: 65

Interactive Voice Response:

- Max # of IVR sessions: Not Available

So basically, I upgraded it to 50MailBox from 12MailBox. I plan on puting 2IVR license if it is possible to migrate those to CSL as well

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

Sorry to jump in here, but i thought i might be able to help out a bit

As  you nicely linked;

Then you have to follow this process to determine what you can legally receive for "free";

To migrate to CSL licenses, use the following procedure:

1. Use the show software license command to determine which pre-CSL licenses you have.

The name of the pre-CSL licenses include the incremental quantity of the license. For example SCUE-LIC-25CME.

2. For mailboxes, add the number of GDMs (Group Delivery Mailboxes) that you will be using because they were not included in the pre-CSL counts but are now being represented in the CSL counts.

3. Divide the total number of pre-CSL licensed features by the incremental quantity represented in the name of the appropriate CSL SKU.

For mailboxes, divide by five. For ports, divide by two. For IVR sessions, divide by two.

If the result is not a whole number, round up. This will give you the explicit quantity of CSL incremental licenses that you need.

As an example, if you have the following pre-CSL licenses and you have 10 GDMs:

•SCUE-LIC-100CCM

•8 instances of SCUE-LIC-PORT-2

•SCUE-IVR-S16

You will need to choose:

•22 instances of FL-CUE-MBX-5

•8 instances of FL-CUE-PORT-2

•8 instances of FL-CUE-IVR-2

So, going from the 3.2 licenses you linked you will need to choose:

•4 instances of FL-CUE-MBX-5

•3 instances of FL-CUE-PORT-2

•0 instances of FL-CUE-IVR-2

You can't really move to the extra 50 mailboxes + IVR port/sessions for free

Then you follow this process to obtain the 'CSL Migration" licenses.

Using the Migration Portal

Note You must have a Cisco.com password to access some of the URLs in the following procedure.

Follow these steps to obtain a migration license for your existing Cisco Unity Express 7.1 features:

Step 1 Go to the licensing portal at www.cisco.com/go/license and click the link at the bottom of the page to go to the license migration portal.

Step 2 On the router that is running the features that you want to migrate, enter the show inventory command to see the corresponding product IDs and serial numbers.

Step 3 Enter the appropriate product ID and the serial number and click Continue.

The product ID is the type of Network Module that you are using, such as AIM-CUE.

Step 4 Use the drop-down menus to select the product family, product, and feature (SKU), then click Continue.

For the product, use the SKU that you determined in the previous section for the features that you want to migrate.

Enter your registration information, including your company's name and e-mail address, then click Continue.

Step 5 Verify all of your license information and click Submit to receive the free CSL upgrade license file by e-mail.

Step 6 Repeat the appropriate steps above for each device that is running features that you want to migrate.

Step 7 Copy the license file(s) to a FTP or TFTP server.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

So that means that I can only upgrade this for free with the feature license embedded from the time I've bought it? Do you think the feature is enough just for study / lab purposes without the IVR especially for ccie voice?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

Yes, the "free" portion should match you existing setup

Commenting on exam topics etc. is not allowed...but i would think you

would be good to go

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/24374

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/voice/wr_exam_blueprint.html

Cheers! And best of luck with your studies.

Rob

Please remember to tag your threads and help support "Teachers without Borders"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/communityhelpingcommunity

Thank you very much rob! Your reply is very much appreciated!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Mark,

You are always welcome buddy

Happy Holidays!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: