cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternate Firmware format

Not applicable

Hello,

Is anyone used this method.

My ip phones were registered to 4.1.3 and client quiry is he has upgraded the CCM to 6.1 but he has remote location where he do not want to use his bandwith and he is asking to put a local tftp server and image into it and let the ip phone update thier firmware and once CCM will be live it should not be a problem and it will not consume my bandwith. problem is i have installed 3com tftp server and unzip that file into given folder and put it in the root path of the folder but i am getting the message in 3 com tftp that "could not open requested file for reading"

This is very strange for me. TFTP services are fine. Do anyone have the knowledge is 1 am going with the right procedure please reply ASAP.

3 Replies 3

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

Please confirm that C:\TFTP directory is set under the CallManager admin page -> service -> service paramters -> cisco tftp -> file location.

Does the phone load image also exist in the C:\TFTP directory?

What is the existing SIP version in place and what SCCP version are you upgrading to?

Or it may be "access violation". It indicates you do not have permissions to read the file.

why not use peer firmware sharing???

take a look at this post

IP Telephony: Peer Firmware Sharing CM4.2

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc16ff6

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Not applicable

Hi,

I was very clear i had upgraded SCCP to sccp without having CCM server.

Yes, I have used a 3com tftp server and in that i kept all the required SCCP firmware.