Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

always route member

Can anyone explain what this fuction does in the old style hunt groups? I have seen hunt groups set up where each number in the group has the feature ticked and other where only the voicemail number is ticked

thanks

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: always route member

Basically you check this for a number that is the final destinaltion (kind of like default route), so if all other DNs do not answer the phone, then force it to send it to this DN. Typically you only check it on VM destination.

Chris

Thanks for that. I am having trouble with hunting. If I place a call to the hunt pilot (old style) and the first phone in the hunt group does not answer it just keeps ringing and does not hunt to the next phone in the list. When the phone is busy it will hunt to the next phone, should this work?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Dave,

Once the call has been released to the first phone (because it is not Busy) the Hunt Group has no control over the call. In this case you would need to configure Forward No Answer on phone 1 to phone 2 to continue the rollover. By design, Hunt refers to Busy phones only;

Have a look at this;

Pilot point 4001 will route the call to the first available DN. In this case, assume that 8001 is busy and 8002 is available. The call will be handed off to 8002 and the phone to which 8002 is assigned should ring.

At this point the call is no longer under the control of the hunt group. If the call to 8002 is not answered, it will be lost unless this line has been configured to Forward on No Answer. As this phone is not controlled by a Cisco WebAttendant client, the Forward on No Answer option is allowed.

From this old doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2351/products_tech_note09186a00800945c3.shtml#t2

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content