Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog Conference phone on H.323 Gateway

coconino1969
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again guys,

I have an analog conference phone using an FXS port on a H.323 gateway, the analog phone is not capable of 3 way calling right now.

Before changing the gateway to MGCP I wanted to ask if its possible to have 3 way calling using an FXS line on an H.323 gateway. The number being used is currently set up as a route pattern in CUCM 7.1.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

stowellp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You will need to configure the dial-peer to be controlled by SCCP using stcapp. This allows the port to utilise the DSP chips on the gateway so that you can have 3-way conferencing.

Example config:

stcapp ccm-group 1
stcapp

dial-peer voice 22 pots
description **Dial Peer for Main Conference Phone**
service stcapp
port 2/0/2

Cheers,

Phil

View solution in original post

For stcapp, you need a minimum of 12.4(15)T

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

stowellp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You will need to configure the dial-peer to be controlled by SCCP using stcapp. This allows the port to utilise the DSP chips on the gateway so that you can have 3-way conferencing.

Example config:

stcapp ccm-group 1
stcapp

dial-peer voice 22 pots
description **Dial Peer for Main Conference Phone**
service stcapp
port 2/0/2

Cheers,

Phil

Phil, thanks for the answer. I was unable to start the stcapp service in my gateway.

I'm using a 2821 with IOS 12.4(13r)T running in it. I did get the SCCP service started, but stcapp was not available at the CLI.

What am I doing wrong? IOS perhaps?

Thank you in advance.

Coconino

For stcapp, you need a minimum of 12.4(15)T

Please rate all useful posts

Thank you all for the answer, its been very helpful.

Coconino

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: