Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog phone make call into fxs port

dan.letkeman
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am having some trouble finding an example of setting up a fxs port with an analog phone.  I would like to be able to place a call from the anlog phone that is connected to the fxs port.  Everytime I try and configure it I get a busy signal.  I know I am doing something wrong as this should work fine.

Any examples would be appreciated.

I don't want to call the analog phone, I want to place a call from it.

Thanks,

Dan.

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Where are you call to from this analog device? Are you getting dial tone when you go off hook?

Is the analog device on its own or controlled by CUCM/CME?

Please post your current config.

Chris

Chris,

The analog device is on its own connected to the fxs port on an srst router.  I want to call a 10 digit or 11 digit number from this phone via our CUCM servers.  Yes I get dial-tone when I connect it to the FXS port.

Relevant config:

voice service voip

ip address trusted list

ipv4 10.1.1.11 255.255.255.255

allow-connections h323 to h323

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

allow-connections sip to sip

supplementary-service h450.12

fax protocol t38 version 0 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none

h323

sip

!

voice class h323 1

h225 timeout tcp establish 3

!

voice-port 0/1/0

description Analog Phone

!

dial-peer voice 556 voip

destination-pattern [2-9]..[2-9]......

session target ipv4:10.1.1.11

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

forward digits 10

!

I know I am missing something, but I have never configured the router for this purpose.

Thanks,

Dan.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have the GW defined in CUCM with proper calling search space and sig digits set to All? Is there a reason you need to hairin these calls via CUCM, because if PSTN trunks are on this GW you should just point your pots dial peers there.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I don't think the call is ever getting to the CUCM servers, from the debugs I did the other day.  I do have the gateway setup correctly on the CUCM serves with the digits set to all.  This gateway has nothing other than this FXS card right now.  Our PRI is on a different gateway.

Thanks,

Dan.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post debug voice dial peer?
Also what CSS do you have applied to the GW?
What 10 digit number are you dialing and where is it suppose to go? If PSTN do you match proper route pattern?
Have you used dialed number analyzer for this?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I will have to post the debug next week when I am back at the site.  The CSS on the gateway is the same css as the voip phones in the building, and it has the correct route pattern to route a 10 digit call.

Thanks for now.

Dan.