Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Analog phones with SRST

Hi,

I have CUCM 6.x and a MGCP gateway with SRST and several FXS ports with analog phones hanging off.

I want the analog phones always registered to the SRST gateway rather than CUCM because in the event of a problem with CUCM, I do not want to wait for SRST to kick in. In other words, I want SRST working ahead of time for the analog phones.

I know if these were IP phones, I could block 2000 permanently, or something like that to force SRST, but I don't know how to force the analog phones to register with SRST.

My alternative is to use the voice gateway as CME rather than MGCP w/SRST, but I would really like to stay away from CME due to some of the other complexity's of this voice gateway.

Thanks,

Jeff

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: Analog phones with SRST

Configure that GW as H323 and configure all extension with proper dial-peers voip and pots

Re: Analog phones with SRST

Thanks. I think that this would work. I was trying to avoid H323 though for the extra admin overhead and caller-id issues. I have used the proper IOS for H323 to include caller-id, but it just doesn't work as well as an MGCP gateway.

That's a lot better than going with CME, but is there anyway to do this with MGCP?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content