Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

analyze ISDN status on 2911 CME

Hi

We have a cutomer with 2911 CME router with ISDN E1 for voice.they are mostly rely on incoming calls. When the ISDN down (provider issue) they cant make or receive calls. and they not aware its down unless they make an outbound calls. sometimes they found out this after 3 to 4 hrs later.

I'm looking for a solution/application to monitor/analyze the ISDN status, if it goes down the system should send me an alert email.

Is this possible.

Regards

shameer

Everyone's tags (4)
9 REPLIES
Blue

HI

You can use SNMP traps to get this message. Your SNMP server will detect this trap and will give you the status information.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi Ronak

can you please provide me some more steps to accomplish this task.

do i need any additional commands to configured on the router.

regards

shameer

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: analyze ISDN status on 2911 CME

You don't need any application, the router must be able to bring up circuit no matter what.

Please update IOS as it is possible that there is a bug.

Hi Paolo

IOS is fine, this happened only twise in last 8 months. and it was the provider not the router. after phone call to the provider everything worked.

My request is a SNMP monitoring solution where i can monitor this ISDN PRI or ISDN BRI interfaces status (even for other customers) when there is link down it should notify via monitoring tool by sending an alert email notification. is this possible. can you provide any solutions with steps

Regards

shameer

Hall of Fame Super Gold

If you have to do shut/no shut to bring up a circuit, then IOS is not fine, because it must be able to bring it back up automatically.

Anyway, you can do that with EMM scrpt, search cisco.com or ask network management forum

Hi Paolo

I haven't done shut/noshut, it came up by itself.

Thanks

shameer

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Sorry, I may have misunderstood your question. You can use applications like PRTG or similar ones for network management.

Hi Paolo

thats fine,

I already installed PRTG and add the router to the Monitor.

But i have no idea how do i configure the Basic sensor settings for analyzing ISDN down.

settings like OID Value. and any additional configuration on router interface.

Thanks

shameer

Hall of Fame Super Gold

You can search cisco.com or the internet for thigs like "interface MIB", or "E1/T1 MIB", etc.

Alternatively you can engage a network engineer with experience to have everything done easily.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content