Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annunciator play message to PSTN?

I'm working with a customer who would like Callmanager to notify internal and external callers that certain numbers are not in service. Their telco is not willing to work with them on changing their default message so the only other option is using Callmanager. They are using 4.1.3.

I have it working internally but can't get it to work from the PSTN. I've checked all the obvious settings in the MRGL but I just can't get it working.

I read another post here where a Cisco employee said it was possible but didn't give an answer.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Annunciator play message to PSTN?

What do you mean "not in service"? The DIDs are not defined as DNs in CallManager?

If so what you could do is create a TP that matches all unassigned DIDs and send the to Unity call handler for example that plays a message of your choice. Assume you have a DID range of 5500 and there are some DIDs in that range unassigned to phones, etc, you would ctrate a ranslation pattern 55XX in parition reachable from the GW CSS (the same PT as phones PT will do) and translate the called number to an internal CTI Route Point which is set to forward all to VM, on Unity then you have a matching call handler that plays a message and hangs up. You can also do this wil IPCC if you have one.

Chris

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

What do you mean "not in service"? The DIDs are not defined as DNs in CallManager?

If so what you could do is create a TP that matches all unassigned DIDs and send the to Unity call handler for example that plays a message of your choice. Assume you have a DID range of 5500 and there are some DIDs in that range unassigned to phones, etc, you would ctrate a ranslation pattern 55XX in parition reachable from the GW CSS (the same PT as phones PT will do) and translate the called number to an internal CTI Route Point which is set to forward all to VM, on Unity then you have a matching call handler that plays a message and hangs up. You can also do this wil IPCC if you have one.

Chris

Yea you're right. I think the only way to do this is w/ Unity or IPCC. I thought the annunciator would be able to do this but I couldn't get it to play anything to the PSTN.

Not a big deal. IPCC has a default prompt that says something like, "the phone number you're trying to reach is currently out of service". I'll probably just end up dumping the calls to a script.

Thanks

Jake

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content