Views
Helpful
Replies

Annunciator Prompts

patcbr600
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a customer that wants the callmanager to play a prompt saying that a user is not allowed to make a call because that user as no privileges to call that prefixes when a user in fact as no privileges, by default the callmanager plays a prompt saying that is not possible to make the call please consult your directory number...

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

If you look in the help index

under, "annunciator" and then choose the "announcments" option, you'll see a disclaimer about this that essentially says that there is no tool yet to manually modify these files.

However, it looks like you can create your own modified wav files and then modify the

annunciator.xml file to use those files.

The annunciator.xml file is in: C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath\United_States

The actual wav files are in a langauge directory (on my server, that directory was

C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath\United_States

Please review the help index and the annunciator.xml file and let me know if you have

additonal questions. You should be able to just change create files of your own, then

modify the .xml file to use them.

The only way to know what prompt

is playing (the actual file name) would be to set CCM traces and examine them.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_0/sys_ad/4_0_1/ccmcfg/b04ann.htm#1042536.

This information was take from the following post:-

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddfe31a/0#selected_message

Hope this helps.

Regards

Allan.

Hi Allan,

I'm using cm 5.1.2b, does this procedure also apply to 5.X ?

Thanks

Unfortunately I have not been able to find a specific document which details customising the annunciator as they do for 4.1x.

However, the annunciator files and tones will also be wav in format under the activepartition. The problem will be indentify the path and which files are applicable and the annunicator xml file. If you run 'file list active <> detail' from the CLI this will give a comprehensive list of files.

If you are looking at testing this, then I would recommend changing the Annunciators on a VMWare session or on non production CallManager first. I will look into doing the same.

Regards

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: