We need to configure CCM (4.1), as it response to inbound calls to our principal number (where there is the attendant console) with a registered message, since operator take the call.
I think that this is the annunciator feature, but I can't make it work.
I've configured a Device Pool, a Media Resource Group and Group List, but it doesn't work.
Solved! Go to Solution.
annunciator only plays some files because it's meant to be used for certain things (your call cannot be completed as dialed, for example)
you may try this
Customizing an Announcement
but you would need to trigger the behavior for the message to be heard (MLPP, no DN, etc)
i'd rather use unity for this, getting the calls into a call handler if AC is unavaliable
what is your suggestion to obtain this result:
- someone call number extension 1
- operator take the call
- someone else call number extension 1
- operator is busy...
- callmanager reply to this call with a registered message and place the call in waiting
- operator conclude first call
- second call "return" to the operator...
We have CallManager 4.1 and StoneVoice application for voice mails...
configure AC broadcast hunting for this, all calls will go into the hold Q until the AC agent retrieves the call and can only handle 1 call at a time
There you go:
Understanding Broadcast Hunting
The config is really the same, but we use a tool called acconfig.bat to configure the broadcast.
When the call arrives they will be put on hold, you can use an MOH that announces whatever you want while an operator is handling another call.
I'm trying to configure broadcast hunting:
- I've configured a pilot point with a free directory number
- I've configured an hunt group within this pilot point, where I've added a member (my directory number)
- I've configured from acconfig.bat call queuing and broadcast hunting, queue size and hold time
- in global directory I've associated attendant console user with my phone and with ac pilot point
When I place a call to pilot point, CM place immediately the call into the queue, but into Attendant Console it doesn't appear (into broadcast calls window).
If I mark "Always Route Member" into hunt group configuration, after "hold time" seconds call ring on my phone.
Where I'm wrong?
The last (I hope :-)) problem:
- I've configured successfully attendant console and broadcast hunting
- calls go to attendant phone
- when attendant phone is busy, calls go into the attendant console queue
I want to change MoH that is played when call is placed into the queue.
- I've uploaded a wav file to call manager server
- I've copied it into correct folder
- From Service-->Media Resource-->Music On Hold Audio Source I've added the new source
- I've change "Network Hold Audio Source" into phone configuration, to reflect new audio file
- I've restarted service :-)
But when call go into the queue CM plays old sound.
Where I'm wrong?
I'm here again :-((
Sorry, but now I've founded another problem.
MoH works only for calls inside call manager.
A call that came from outside (via a 2821 gateway connected to PSTN), doesn't heard the music, but only a beep beep.
The reason is likely because the gateway does not have access to a MOH resource. You can give it access to one by assigning the gateway a Media Resource Group List that contains a MOH resource either on the gateway itself, or in the Device Pool that the gateway is in.
I've already configured gateway in a device pool with a Media Resource Group, the same for AC Pilot (that works properly).
I've resetted the gateway.
I've restarted the Call dispatcher service.
But when I call the pilot number from outside, I can't hear MoH, but only a beep beep sound.
Is there anything other that I can check?