Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Answer call on active line

Hi

I am having a challenge with the configuration of shared lines  on Cisco 9971 phones. Environment is Cisco unified Communication Manager 8.6

Scenario

One Cisco 9971 phones with three DN's configured,

Phone 1 Line 1= 8442, Line 2= 8441, Line3=8440 assigned to Secretary

Line 2 and 3 are prime lines for two Attorneys

When an incoming calls comes to DN 8441 which the primary DN for the Attorney, it is configured to ring on the secretary Phone 1.

The challenge however is when an incoming call rings at 8441 and on 8440, if phone 1 lifts the receiver to answer the call it automatically provides dialtone on 8442 even if the user presses the line 2 or 3 apperance on the phone. I am trying to allow the secretary to press the line they would like to answer then pick the handset up to answer the call. We also have Speaker phone disabled on her phone, so hitting the line 2 or 3 then pressing the incoming call will not work.

We have auto answer prime line enabled I woud like to be always answer active line. Also when the user secretary hangs up the phone it the active line stays on the Attorneys line. I would like it to change the active line back to her prime line when she hangs up.

Is there a way to make this happen?

Nathan

• IP Telephony
1 REPLY

Answer call on active line

Hi Nathan

I hope this help:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3691305#3691305

Cheers Bruno Rangel Please remember to rate helpful responses using the stars bellow and identify helpful or correct answers .
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.