mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

Here's my IPT environment:

CCM 5.1.2

Unity 4.2(1)VM

Exchange (IMAP) Window Server 2000

This is a new install and I am looking for the right and bug free version of CSA and Compatiable Antivirus. As for Anti-virus, we have Symentec version 10.1 but haven't installed yet. Could you please let me know if this version is compatible with CCM 5.1 and Unity 4.2. which version of CSA should I use? Please also send me a Doc showing how to install CSA and Antivirus in CCM 5.1 (Linux).

And my last question is do I need to schedule a downtime?

Thanks,

MK

8 Replies 8

Avner Izhar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

For the CCM there is nothing to do, it is secured from cisco, CSA included and activated.

Unity can do with CSA and Norton, instruction in the following urls:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/support/42lsupp.html#wp466575

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/security/guide/ex/usg003.html#wp1061935

HTH, Avner.

Thanks Avner,

How about Anti-viurs for CCM 5.1? Is there any Anti-virus for CCM 5.1? If so, could you please send me a Doc which show how to do so?

Thanks,

No antivirus for cm 5.0 and above as far as I know.

The platform is a secured linux and therefor is not at risk to viruses. Network originated viruses will be blocked by the CSA.

Regards, Avner.

Hi Aizhar,

Do you know any cisco document mentioning it??

Thanks,

Kapil Atrish

Mentioning what? please clarify ...

thanks, Avner.

Hi Azhar,

Is there any document on Cisco which mentions about CCM Appliance based model....The platform is a secured linux and therefor is not at risk to viruses. Network originated viruses will be blocked by the CSA.

Secondly, how frequently CSA should be updated on CCM manually?

Thanks,

Kapil Atrish

we do not have such document, the fact is that the platform is secured and the CLI is a stripped version of the root access with limited commands. in those you do not get any install option for ANYTHING, not only antivirus but you cannot install anything on it using regular CLI access.

in case you ask, the only way to install something on the server would be get root access which won't be provided for those purposes, also install of anything else will make the server unsupported (in case somehow you get the root access)

all kind of communication to the server must be in a secured manner SSH, https, etc.

the CSA can only be updated when you update the CUCM server itself, if you want to know if CSA will be updated go thru the release notes for the patch or the upgrade

since the release of Linux appliance servers (i'm not talking only CUCM here) i haven't heard of any virus case so far

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks javalenc! (points given ...)

The only other thing I can see is mentioned in the srnd, where it says the CUCM 6.x is not supporting any antivirus.

HTH, Avner.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: