Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Any Cisco Call Manager Experts

Hi i have just installed ccm 4.1.2. I successfully registered 3 ip phones

=======================================

Tftp sever is pulling all three files from ip phones and getting registered in ccm. All the phones in ccm is registered and showing ip addresses of each phone. Given below more details:

=======================================

1. Call manager Ip Address: 192.168.2.150- Location Florida- Using Pix 520-Public Ip port forwarding to ccm(port 69 and 2000)

2. 7940 ip address 10.1.1.30 Location melbourne - No VPN Tunnel and PIX

3. 7940 ip address 192.168.0.50-Location Chicago - No VPN Tunnel and PIX

4. 7940 ip address 192.168.1.30 Location Auckland - No VPN Tunnel and PIX

Above three phones are in different location as you can see above subnet.

=> From 1 i can call 2 and 3 and vice versa. All 3 phones can receive and make calls but no voice.

=========================================================

Please note i am not using gateway.

Here is my simple setup using only CCM and Ip phones no other devices is configure or registered in CMM except IP phones 7940 and would like to do the testing with ccm alocated extensions:

--------------------------------------

Call manager ip address is 192.168.2.150. Public Ip (209.64.121.xxx) is port forwarding to 192.168.2.150 which is call manager.

I have three phones on different locations which is registered in call manager. I am using tftp server as a public Ip (209.64.121.xxx)this Public ip port forwarding to my call manager and succefully registering all the above three phones in ccm.

Call manager is behind PIX firewall.

Thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: Any Cisco Call Manager Experts

Sounds like all the phones can see the Call Manager ok but can't see each other.

Call Manager is setting up the calls but then steps out the way when the converstaion begins and the phones talk directly to eachother. I would therefore guess the problem ia a routing issue. Have you checked all the routing between phone subnets?

Im agree with George , between subnets can you ping everywhere??? on the pix is the udp range ports 16,000 to 32,000 open?? if it?s not my guess is you won?t have any sound.

Please see my atached PIX configuration.

Since all the phones in different location. Hence unable to ping each other and as you you its impossible to ping from one location inside interface to another location inside interface unless we using vpn tunnel between all locations.

Phones are registering and working fine with in the same network. I already did the testing.

Any suggestion reolve this issue.

thanks once again to all.

any suggestions

Thanks

The phones need to be on a well-connected network. You will have to design the network to allow every phone to reach every other phone. As it was stated earlier, Call Manager only handles the call signalling. Each phone must be able to contact the Call Manager to register, make calls, etc. Once a call is made and connected, the Call Manager notifies each phone with the address to send the RTP (voice) stream.

Thanks for replying.

The only solution is creating VPN tunnel between all the location is that right?

If so i cant do this, because travel a lot i would like to carry phone with me to communicate my staff.

So in the above scenario you mean it is impossible to communicate?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content