Views
Helpful
Replies

Applying Expressway License ?

Rajan R
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We got two PAK's for expressway which is bundled free. When I applied one of the PAK on VCS the options changed to

0 Non Traversal Calls, 0 Traversal Calls, 2500 Registrations, Encryption.

Now I want to know where to apply the next PAK. I assume the above become Expressway- C ??

The options for the 2nd PAK are

LIC-EXP-E-PAK
LIC-EXP-AN 1     
LIC-EXP-SERIES 2     
LIC-EXP-GW 2     
LIC-EXP-TURN 1     
LIC-EXP-E 1

Should I apply this on the 2nd instance of VCS and is this the EXP-C or EXP -E ? And why are there no Options on the first PAK which I applied ?

Warm Regards

Varadarajan.R

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vara,

These licenses all go your expressway-e

Traversal Server Feature Set
LIC-EXP-E

Advanced Networking Option
LIC-EXP-AN

TURN Relay Option
LIC-EXP-TURN

The advanced networking options is required only is you want to use two nics such that one interface is public and the other interface is in your internal network. Most people just do a single interface and do a NAT on your firewall from your public ip address to your expressway-e ip address in your dmz.

About your questions yesterday...You need to understand this..

Its your licenses that determine whether you run a VCS-E/C or expressway-e/c. VCS-E/C is a superset of all the features of expressway-e/c.

The following table shows you how to apply your licenses.

License DescriptionPIDExpressway C(EXPWY-VE-C-K9)Expressway E(EXPWY-VE-E-K9)
X8 Release KeyLIC-SW-EXP-K9includedincluded
Expressway Series
LIC-EXP-SERIESincludedincluded
H323-Sip interworking GatewayLIC-EXP-GWYincludedincluded
Traversal Server Feature SetLIC-EXP-En/aincluded
Advanced Networking OptionLIC-EXP-ANn/aincluded
Turn Relay OptionLIC-EXP-TURNn/aincluded

for the licenses that have included in both, you should have 2 paks. And for the ones that have only expressway-e included, you should only have 1 pak.

You will need two VM machines--On your expressway-c you will aplly the licenses that only show included above, and do the same for expressway-e.

Let me know how it goes.

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You have the full blown VCS and not expressway-e or c. They are two different products. When you apply this PAK codes, your VCS becomes VCS-C or VCS-E depending on the PAK code that you apply. The first PAK code you applied made that machine a VCS-C (because it can now support upto 2500 registrations)

Here is the description of these licenses. I believe you will need the LIC-EXP-E to make your VCS a VCS-E.

LIC-EXP-E-PAKExpressway Series Expressway-E PAK
LIC-EXP-GWEnable GW Feature (H323-SIP)
LIC-EXP-ANEnable Advanced Networking Option
LIC-EXP-EEnable Expressway-E Feature Set
LIC-EXP-TURNEnable TURN Relay Option

+5 Ayodeji, that's good info

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

I have 2 quantities of Exp-Series and 2 quantities of EXP-GW. I can put one each on one server.

Where does the turn-relay and the Advanced networking go ? to the EXP -C or the EXP -E ?

Thanks

Vara,

These licenses all go your expressway-e

Traversal Server Feature Set
LIC-EXP-E

Advanced Networking Option
LIC-EXP-AN

TURN Relay Option
LIC-EXP-TURN

The advanced networking options is required only is you want to use two nics such that one interface is public and the other interface is in your internal network. Most people just do a single interface and do a NAT on your firewall from your public ip address to your expressway-e ip address in your dmz.

About your questions yesterday...You need to understand this..

Its your licenses that determine whether you run a VCS-E/C or expressway-e/c. VCS-E/C is a superset of all the features of expressway-e/c.

The following table shows you how to apply your licenses.

License DescriptionPIDExpressway C(EXPWY-VE-C-K9)Expressway E(EXPWY-VE-E-K9)
X8 Release KeyLIC-SW-EXP-K9includedincluded
Expressway Series
LIC-EXP-SERIESincludedincluded
H323-Sip interworking GatewayLIC-EXP-GWYincludedincluded
Traversal Server Feature SetLIC-EXP-En/aincluded
Advanced Networking OptionLIC-EXP-ANn/aincluded
Turn Relay OptionLIC-EXP-TURNn/aincluded

for the licenses that have included in both, you should have 2 paks. And for the ones that have only expressway-e included, you should only have 1 pak.

You will need two VM machines--On your expressway-c you will aplly the licenses that only show included above, and do the same for expressway-e.

Let me know how it goes.

Hello Ayodeji,

Thanks a lot for the response. I have the below now.

On Expressway-E ( It says Expressway E on the home page as well)

0 Rich Media Sessions, 1800 TURN Relays, Traversal Server, Encryption, Advanced Networking, Expressway Series.

On Expressway-C ( says EXP-C on home page)

0 Rich Media Sessions, Encryption, Interworking, Expressway Series.

Is this right ?

To add, we got one PAK and had 2 nos of H323-Sip interworking and EXP Series.

I had to partially utilise it for 1 serial number and add the rest to the other.

Further to this I have the below on my 3rd instance of x8.2.1 - my VCS

10 Non Traversal Calls, 5 Traversal Calls, 2500 Registrations, Encryption, Interworking.

Thanks

VR

Yes this looks right. For MRA (mobile remote access) you dont need the VCS. All you need is your expressway-e and c. So you are good to go. If you want to use VCS for other purposes such as telepresence registrations and jabber for video, then you can use it.

Thanks a ton Ayodeji. Much appreciated. :)

Regards

VR

Hi Ayodeji,

Thanks a lot for the reply. It is still not clear for me though. I will elaborate a little more.

I assume VCS-C , Expressway C and E are free with BE6k which we brought (version 10.5). VCS-E is not part of BE6k bundle and needs to be purchased separately which we opted out of.

We got LIC-SW-EXP-K9 and LIC-EXP-E-PAK as part of the software bundle. (2 PAK)

LIC-SW-VMVCS-K9 and CTI-VCSC-BE6K-PAK as part of the hardware bundle. (2 PAK)

I installed X8.2.1 and registered the two PAK which is part of the Hardware Bundle and have the below on my VCS-C

10 Non Traversal Calls, 5 Traversal Calls, 2500 Registrations, Encryption, Interworking.

I installed on more instance of X8.2.1 and tried to apply the keys which was part of the software bundle of BE6k. After putting the release key, I now have

0 Non Traversal Calls, 0 Traversal Calls, 2500 Registrations, Encryption.

on my 2nd instance of X8.2.1.

I still have a PAK which gives me the below options when I Fullfill them. My question is, where do I apply these ? On my 1st instance or 2nd or should I create one more instance of X8.2.1 ?

LIC-EXP-E-PAK

LIC-EXP-AN               1     
LIC-EXP-SERIES       2     
LIC-EXP-GW              2     
LIC-EXP-TURN          1     
LIC-EXP-E                  1

Thanks

Varadarajan.R

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: