Views
Helpful
Replies

Appreciate Fast feedbac, FXO DID issue

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I have CME 4.0. I have 5 cards VIC-4 FXO. For DID we have 12 lines (No dial tone from PSTN on this tie lines) and the PSTN is using wink-start signaling.

Problem 1:

Nothing is being received on my routr for the DID ports. I did some research and found that FXO does not support wink-start. However anybody can throw an idea how can I get through this problem? Any work arround or what to use to solve this problem?

Problem 2:

INcomming calls from outside are showing as from "911". Anybody has an idea as well. I don't know if it is the due to a translation rule but if anybody can throw a solution please?

Thanks in advance,

26 Replies 26

I have checked the ports and they are VIC2-4FXO (Without the m) would they work?

I also checked my configuration and I didn't find any dial peer for 911 for incomming calls.

THe issue if anybody calls from outside the Call Manager express shows the calling party as "911". Would it be that the call manager express when it sees the calling party as private it shows the calling party number as 911?

Thanks and waiting for your feedback,

Regards,

Yes, the VIC2-4FXO supports Caller ID.

Try "debug voip dialpeer" and see what callerID information is actually being delivered. I doubt it's actually 911.

Well, I will debug that tomorrow and get back to you. However, if I connect these FXO ports to the PBX using analog lines from the PBX, and the PBX works as translator gets the DID call and forward it to one of the analog FXO ports on my router would that be a workable workarround until I get my PRI in? The ports from the PBX to the analog FXO lines will be like another trunk from the PBX to my router.

Thanks,

No that will not work. The reason is because the FXO port is incapable of the signaling required to transport the DID information, it's similar to E&M WinkStart. Which reminds me, E&M interfaces will work for DID _and_ DOD as well but you'd be going a step backwards, IMHO.

If there are no obstacles, the PRI would be the way to go.

Peter

Actually, with the PBX in between CME and the DID lines, it will work.

This is because the PBX has already the DID hardware and they were using it before the CME migration. The connection between PBX and CME would be FXS/FXO and not DID.

As we discussed above, it is meant as a stopgap solution while waiting for PRI to be provisioned.

So the PBX can receive DID, but how does it route the calls to the CME. For the CME to ring the destination DN, it would need to know what the called-number is. How is this delivered?

Are you proposing that FXS be used and the PBX outpulse digits after the line is seized? This may work, based on the capability of the PBX. Good proposal.

With the FXO ports, when the loop closes, the ring-voltage rings the CME, what extension will the CME ring? Unless PLAR or default extension is configured, it won't know.

Reasonably no digit can be passed and the PBX would only just allow the already existing lines to be used, just PLAR as you say, to AA-BCD or operator. I never believe that a legacy PBX can send digits out of a FXS port.

Unfortunately in this design our colleague has to put up with the cards that have been orderer as a wrong type and for sure he has to deal with the customer pressure to make things work someway.

Hello,

I have EVM-8FXs that requires a RJ-21 cable. If I use this to terminate the lines from the CO, I guess this would work because these FXs port support wink-start. Would you please confirm this?

Thanks for your expertise,

Regards,

If it's the EVM-HD-8FXS/DID, then yes, you're in business. It does support DID.

Hello Guys,

I guess I have survived the customer pressure as you mentioned before. Now we are using 8 DIDs on EVM-8FXS and it is working. However, I have a stupid problem which is causing the users to get mad.

Sometimes they are hearing crackling or hissing sound from incomming or outgoing calls. I did ground the router however, I am worried if there is something to be configured under the FXS ports so that crackling sound would disappear.

I appreciate any suggestion to get rid of this crackling and hissing sound.

Waiting for any feedback and again thanks for your time,

Regards,

It could a a number of things:

1. Physical

2. hardware

3. configuration

4. **IMPEDENCE**

Please review the following document and perform the recommend sweep to see which impedence setting is most appropriate. If that doesn't solve it, I'd recommend opening a TAC case ASAP; and depending on how severely it impacts the customer, consider raising priority with TAC.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/impedance_choice.pdf

Hello,

I will go through the document that you have sent. Could it be due a VAD issue?

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: