cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Assign a name to the Caller ID

ievalleyccie
Level 1
Level 1

Can I assign a certain name to the Caller ID number So that when that  Customer calls again I can see its name on the phone not his Caller ID

Can I use the Directory service for that purpose?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You always need to start by mentioning for which product and version you're asking.

Just asking what you want to do, but not what you have to work with, won't do.

If it's for CUCM the answer is no, and there are plenty of threads with the exact same question on CSC. Please search CSC for answers before posting. Paolo has a script for that.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for your reply

I am Using CUCME 8.6 with FXO and PRI  and the Ip phones displays the Caller ID but I'd like it to display the name too after creating it on the CUCME

Someone told me about the Directory services and  service dnis dir-lookup but i am not sure if it will fulfil the purpose

Hi,

Please use the below link, might be helpful.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmedirs.html

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

It will.

For more than 200 numbers, or to pull the name from the Web, a script like mine is needed.

Note: I don't know the reason why someone has low-rated Java's reply that is 100% correct and made to help.

I've rated it again: +5

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for your help . You mean that the Directory services will show thw caller Name and How can i get that script ?

For CME directory service, check link posted above.

For my scripts, www.ciscoscripts.com

The two methods are independent from each other.