Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Assistance with Call Manager 6.1 and 3845 gateway

Hi,

We currently have a PRI link to our gateway which sends calls to call manager 6.1. We want to add two more basic rate ISDN connection to the same gateway with different number rages. meaning we will have three different number ranges connecting to the same gateway and call manager. is this possible?

How do we go about this?

my idea is to plug in the ISDN basic rate module 2BRI-NT/TE to the 3845 gateway and plug in the ISDN NTs, then configure voice peers with the call manager as the session target.  then create phone profiles on Call manager with this new numbers (exension mobility is not required for this)

please help.

Regards,

Regar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

try my previous answer... this worked for me

jatin

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

hi Rager,

yup you can connects multiple bri cards and it works fine .. we are also using the same in our enviorment .. infact we are doin this for 7 clients .. means 7 different lines are connected to the same gateway and they make their calls from their own phones infact some phones are sharing 2 lines with different lines.. this is just add gateways and give proper CSS and partitions.. if you need help feel free to write..

if you like this then plz rate this also

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reger,

make sure to verify that there are sufficient DSP resources on the gateway. use the DSP calculator, http://cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/DSP/cisco_prodsel.pl, and compare the results with what is currently installed on the router.

-Felipe

Hi,

the phone rings once and then cut. i don't see any errors when I do debug q931.

please assist.

here are my configs

isdn switch-type basic-net3
isdn point-to-point-setup
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager service mgcp
isdn sending-complete
!

dial-peer voice 30 voip
destination-pattern 1192
session target ipv4:192.168.9.20
incoming called-number .T
codec g711ulaw
no vad

also added the BRI interface on gateway configuration of the call manager and shows registered.

hi there which IOS you are having ..becoz i was facing the same problem with my cucm 6.1

& 3825 gateway ... and the end of the dayit was a bug in IOS, spent 2 days, its not mentioned anywhere,

we had 3825adventprise srv ios still we got this issue, and then i changed the ios

to spservices & everything went fine.......

please rate if usefull

jatin

Cisco IOS Software, 3800 Software (C3845-ENTSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(17a)

try my previous answer... this worked for me

jatin

Hi,

I changed to

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(3i), R

still the same problem. debug gives the following message "Voice call setup failed-Incoming-Outgoing call collision"

The phone rings once and drop

hi there ..

see i am using the same setup .. and when i faced this i implemented the same.. second this why u have a dial peer in router conf .. i dont have anythng like that,, any specific reason.. if possible share full conf of router and gateway on cucm 6.1

can you collect the following command output.

show version

show run

show isdn status

show voice dsp detail

show voice dsp group all

show dial-peer voice summary

show voice call summary

show voice port summary

show ccm-manager

show mgcp

Enable the following debugs and make a test call.

debug mgcp packet

debug isdn q931

debug voip ccapi inout

Please note the calling and called party numbers.

-Felipe

Output attached.

Hi,

it was the the IOS bug issue. I upgraded to Version 12.4(24)T4 and it works perfect.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: