Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 186 Ringer problem

Lee Marson
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I have a problem with some BT element analogue phones which are connected via ATA186s at a remote site to a CUCM 6.1.3 cluster.

We have deployed ATAs with various phones at many sites without any issues. However these particular phones at this site do not 'ring' when called. The phone displays that is is receiving a call but there is no audio alert.

The ATAs are at there default settings and the phones ringing volume has been checked.

Has anyone come across this problem - I am wondering if this particular model of phone is an issue?

Regards

Lee.

1 Reply 1

kc-ussugar
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen a similar issue when connecting an external ringer (for loud industrial areas) to an ATA. Evidently the analog device was very particular about the voltage needed to trigger the ring, and the ATA was not supplying sufficient voltage. After much trial and no success with the older analog equipment, we replaced the old ringers with new ones, connected those to the same ATA and everything worked fine. You might try verifying your situation by connecting another phone - known to ring off an ATA - to the same analog port and see if it works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: