cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 186 v3.2 not sending fax to right fax server

ichehouri
Level 2
Level 2

i have cucm 7.1.3 with ATA 186 v3.2 for many fax machines. the extensions assigned to ATA is in the range of DID/DOD. i can send and receive faxes normaly except when sending to right fax (i wan here the right fax server prompt and i entered the extension number) but the result is that nothing received on the right fax server. note that right fax exists in other location

note that my PSTN connection is with E1s and i am having the following dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 107 pots

destination-pattern 19200.....

direct-inward-dial

port 0/1/0:1

forward-digits 9

is there sommething missing

regards,

ibrahim

5 Replies 5

Ray Watkins
Level 1
Level 1

Try removing the direct-inward-dial from the dial-peer.

Hi,

i removed the direct-inward-dial but i still have same issue. note that i can send and receive fax to/from normal fax machine (with analog trunk line)

any suggestions

regards,

Ibrahim

What is the flow/setup for fax from ATA to Rightfax?

Remember ATA186 can only do passthru.

Christopher Graham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are trying to fax internally from the ATA to RF, this will not work.  ATA's can only do passthrough, while RF requires protocol based T38.  However, if you are dialing out to the PSTN, you can configure passthrough on the ATA IP leg, and T38 on the RF IP leg.  If you do not understand what I'm saying, please provide your call flow.  For example:

fax--ATA--sccp--CUCM--H323--RF (will not work)

fax--ATA--sccp--CUCM--H323--gateway--PRI--PSTN--PRI--gateway--h323--CUCM--h323--RF (should work)

Iam dialing to the PSTN. the other side (RF) i have Non cisco connection (Nortel). My Scenario is almost the second one mentioned. What configuration i need to add for the dial-peer like passthrough.

regards,

Ibrahim