Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 186 with SIP Image

mohamedtag
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All ,

I am having an ATA 186 with SIP Image loaded on it. I need to Convert this Image to SCCP Image to be able to register to CCM 3.3(4) . I have searched around Cisco Documents and Guides and i only found the Classical Document that describes the Coversion of the 7960 & 7940 IP Phone from SIP to SCCP and Vice Versa. Nothing is mentioned regarding the ATA 186. The Available documents regrading the ATA 186 only mentions how to Upgrade from SIP Image to a Higher one or from SCCP Image to a Higher one. Nothing is Mentioned for the ATA 186 to convert from SIP to SCCP and Vice Versa.

Any Help.

Regards

M.Tag

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mohamed,

That is a tough one! The only related info that I could find was this;

If your ATA 186 comes from the factory with an H.323/SIP image, it is necessary to load it with the SCCP image provided in the SCCP zip file. Do this by using the executable upgrade program (ata186us.exe) on a PC networked to your ATA 186. For more information on this subject, refer to Cisco ATA 186 Basic Configuration.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_configuration_example09186a00800a892f.shtml

Not sure if that helps at all?

Rob

Hello Rob ,

I got the ATA186US exe File and i placed within the same Directory the ATA SCCP Image and when i initiated the Command and tried to Upgrade the ATA from the IVR , The IVR Prompts with the following Error message " Upgrade unavailable "

The Upgrade File is within the same Directory where the ATA186US.exe File is Located..

Any Ideas.

Regards

M.Tag

Hi,

try to run "ata186us.exe -h ATA_IP_Address image_file" then press ATA button to go to main menu, and enter 101#192*168*1*10*8000#

hope this help