Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 187 and CUCM 6

jasonharmer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

One of the guys at work has been trying and complete the following tasks, but so far no luck.  Wondering if anyone has been able to get this to work..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_configuration_example09186a0080b3b136.shtml

Cheers

Jason

8 Replies 8

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Please explain what the problem exactly.

Im told that the process doesnt work.

I will look into it further if I get confirmation that someone else has been able to follow the procedure and get it to work, other wise I will look for another solution using CUCM 6 and analogue ports.

Cheers

Jason

Jason,

According to the data sheet for ATA 187

http://www.andovercg.com/datasheets/cisco-ata-187-analog-telephone-adaptors.pdf

Cisco UCM Version Compatibility

Cisco UCM Versions 7.1.5, 8.0.2, or higher

No support for CUCM 6

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Hi Alex,

Agree, but was hoping that since the tech note specifically says CUCM 6 and an ATA 187, there may have been a workaround to get the ATA187 to use SCCP rather than SIP.

Thanks

Jason

Jason

I have just checked the software down load pages.

2 Versions for ATA187

Both SIP and state you need at least CUCM 7.1.5

Looking at the number of posts for ATAT 187 issues iyt

may be better to stick with ATA 186 & 188 or the VG200 series for

a while yet.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Jason ATA 187 is not compatble with CUCM 6.X, there is no otherway.

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Just this month, it looks like a new firmware has been released for the ATA187. Unfortunately all I can download from Cisco right now is the release notes. The firmware is not posted yet for download. In the release notes it says it will support Call Manager 6.15. We are at 6.14 so I am hoping that it should still work. It also states in the release notes that it has fixed the T38 faxing issues. I am anxious to try this out in the lab.

Just this month, it looks like a new firmware has been released for the ATA187. Unfortunately all I can download from Cisco right now is the release notes. The firmware is not posted yet for download. In the release notes it says it will support Call Manager 6.15. We are at 6.14 so I am hoping that it should still work. It also states in the release notes that it has fixed the T38 faxing issues. I am anxious to try this out in the lab.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: