Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 187 - Caller id issue

michalis1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have connected an ata 187 on my cucm 7.1.5.

On the ata i have connected a cordless dect phone, everything is wrking fine except the caller id.

shall I change something on the settings of ata.

Than kyou in advance...

13 Replies 13

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is that caller ID issue for the calls received on the dect phone or caller ID issue on ( other phones ) for calls made by dect phone ?

If the first one, then what appears instead of caller ID ? or what exactly is that caller ID issue ?

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

The first one is the problem and the phone displays "incoming call" when a call is received.

When I call from the dect phone the caller id of it is recognized by the cisco phones.

Could you post complete CUCM version ( as seen on CUCM Admin page ) & the ATA 187 firmware details ?

BTW, following document has details about how to config Caller ID in ATA 187, did you check that ?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cata/187/1_0/english/administration/guide/sip/a187_ag3conf.html#wp1134078

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

CUCM: 7.1.5.31900-3

ATA 187:

App Load ID: APP187.9-0-3-0

Boot Load ID: 1.8.0.6

SW_Version ID: 187.9-0-3-0

HW Revision ID: Rev.06

I have checked the document...

One important fact that might help is that when the user of the cordless phone receives a second call the caller id is displated on the received or missed calls.

Strange

The user today told me that sometimes there is caller id and some not...

Very strange, I think it is good idea to upgrade the device.

I will do and let you know...

Thanks for the reply

I have upgraded the ata 187, but still it is not working as desired.

Yogesh Singh
Level 1
Level 1
under

Product Specific Configuration Layout

You will find caller ID standers .

Caller ID  Required Field

Call Sequence  Required Field

Set both to ETSI FSK

Reset the ATA via CUCM

Dect phone might not be able to understad the default"bellcore" standered for caller ID

Evey phone has an FXO port ( sort of ) to which you connect your Rj11

Also try another analog phone if possible

Test and let me know if it helps .

Regards

Yogesh

I have configured :

Caller ID  Required Field

Call Sequence  Required Field

Set both to ETSI FSK and I also have changed the analogue phone but still the prolem persists.

I can see caller id on one out of 5 incoming calls.

I also changed the impedance field with no luck...

Any other suggestions?

Hi,

I have the same issue with ata 187 in release 9.2.3.

Have you resolved your issue ? if yes could you please tell me how ?

Regards

Luc

could you upload a set of ccm sdi detailed trace and a sniff if possible from ATA ?

I will try to help

Also is it happening for internal calls or external calls or both ?

Hi,

I also have the same issue with ata 187 release 9.2.1. After reboot, caller id works fine for several call but then presents "external" for every call. Re works after reboot but then fails again.

The issue is the same for internal and external calls.

I will provide ccm sdi detailed traces shortly. I have already been through sip logs on the ccm and calls are all presented the same way. I therefore think the problem is on the ata.

Regards,

Alex

Issue solved.

Presentation is NOK when MWI is on. Disable MWI and problem with disapear. Or just listen to the new messages so that MWI goes off.

I hope this helps at least 1 person because I have spent a couple of days to solve this issue !