cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 187 Fax is failing with CUCM 8.6 & 2951 CUBE Gateway.

sarwarm123
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Here is the call flow for failed fax :

ATA 187---------- CUCM 8.5 ----------2951 SIP CUBE------------ITSP

We have SIP link and a CUBE router, everything is working fine apart from the fax. Can someone please give me some sample config

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, I would say, if they support t.38, then use it:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback pass-through

fax-relay ecm disable

fax nsf 000000

fax-relay sg3-to-g3

Configure ATA to t.38

HTH

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

layhlaing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can just add ATA as a device/phone in CUCM and use the existing dial-peers for other phones.

Fax Mode  "Fax pass-through" worked perfect for me on both ways and I needed to have

!

voice service voip

fax protocol pass-through g711ulaw

!

Cheers,

Jorge Armijo
Level 4
Level 4

First of all, you need to clarify what faxing protocol is your ITSP supporting, Pass-Through or T.38.

If T.38:

CUBE Dial-peers:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

fax-relay ecm disable

fax nsf 000000

fax-relay sg3-to-g3

Configure ATA to t.38

If Pass-Through:

CUBE Dial-peers:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

fax protocol pass-through g711ulaw

Configure ATA to Passthorugh.

Please make sure MTP is not allocated for fax transmition, it will break it.

HTH

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jorge,

Thanks dear I will apply this settings and will let you know, how did that go? Also, I will check first with ITSP what protocol they support?

Hi Jorge,

Please see below response of the ITSP, can you please suggest do I need amendment in the above script?

Just checked with ITSP and they support:

• G711 pass-through for 'in-band' transmission.
  • T.38 relay, within which either party issues a SIP re-INVITE with T.38, upon the detection of fax tones.

Well, I would say, if they support t.38, then use it:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

fax-relay ecm disable

fax nsf 000000

fax-relay sg3-to-g3

Configure ATA to t.38

HTH

--
Jorge Armijo

Were you able to get this working?

--
Jorge Armijo

Hi Jorge,

Actually change should go through the change board, so plan is to apply change tomorrow, finger cross

One again thanks for your help, I will update you tomorrow how did this go.

Sounds good, let us know how it goes.

--
Jorge Armijo

Any luck?

--
Jorge Armijo

Hi Jorge,

Sorry for replying you bit late, just want to thanks to you for your help. All working fine

Hi all,

I have issue with internal fax (extension to extension) I configured SPA122 as anlog adapter and im able ring between fax machine. when try to send disconnected after ringing. i tried  both ways using extension numbers but no luck.

fax -->spa122-->cucm8.6-->spa122-->fax

cucm version is 8.6

first I need to setup internal fax and then I want to try for external fax.

any suggestion to correct my mistakes.

thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: