Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 187 - Line Always Busy

Ben Morgan
Level 3
Level 3

Hey All,

Im connecting an ATA 187 to a Multi-Function Machine to allows Faxes inbound.outbound etc. I have rolled a few so far, however Im having trouble with one fax machine where the Line on the ATA is always busy. If I disconnect the cabel between the fax and the ATA, obviously the Line light goes off.. As soon as I plug the cable in.. Line LED lights up and line is busy. I have tried the second line.

Im thinking the ATA may be having issues or the actual Fax Machine needs some adjustments.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Ben           

5 Replies 5

Hi Ben.
Is the ATA correctly registered to CUCM/CME?
What kind of platform are you running?
Let us know?

Regards

Carlo

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hey,

Yes the ata is registered to CUCM. I tried the second line as well, same affect. The line just went into busy mode as soon as I connected the fax.

Platform is CUCM 9.1

Cheers
Ben

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Check the cable. You must use a two wires cable (tip and ring). If you have a four wires cable you must replace it with a two wires.

Check the fax interface. Tipically, faxes have a line port and a phone port. The ATA must be connected to line port.

Regards.

Is the ATA registered to the CUCM

If yes, please advise the fw version of it

Regards

Haitham

Hey Haitham,

ATA Firmware is ATA187.9-2-3-1

CUCM Version is 9.1.1.20000-5

I just connected another ATA, using 4 wire cable, same firmeware same cluster and worked fine.. Im thinking the ATA must be faulty?

Cheers

Ben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: