cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 187 with Cisco CCM 6.1.5 and 2911 Voice gateway

kenlorenzo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, is it even possible to get a Cisco 187 ATA to work with either the CCM or the 2911 Voice Gateway.

I don't think it supports CCM but im trying to come up with something to make it work directly with the Voice Gateway via DialPeer?

Any help would be great, im scratching my head right now.

6 Replies 6

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you load the ATA 187 with H323 firmware, you should be able to set it up as an endpoint to CCM.  Same for the 2911. 

We had another customer that had this issue with a 2900 series gateway, and they ended up having to set it up as an H323 gateway until they upgraded their CCM cluster to a version where it is supported. 

Thanks but I went on the download sections and there is no H323 firmware for the ATA 187.

I

Odd. The earlier ATA's supported multiple protocols. I'll admit I had not verified what loads were available for the ATA187. Looks like that at least for now, it can only be used by CCM systems that can explicitly configure it.

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

The information contained in this email transmission is confidential information which may contain information that is legally privileged and prohibited from disclosure under applicable law or by contractual agreement. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email transmission is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone to arrange for the return of the original transmission to us.

could be a separate conversation altogether but if i get a VIC FXS port, do i need to add that port somehow into CCM or just create dialpeers for it? I'm guessing the latter?

You can handle an VIC FXS port either way. If you want to go H323 with it, you certainly can. If you want to put it under MGCP control on the gateway, you can do that too. Some gateways support SCCP control of things as well, but I wouldn't do that for faxing if I were you.

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

The information contained in this email transmission is confidential information which may contain information that is legally privileged and prohibited from disclosure under applicable law or by contractual agreement. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email transmission is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone to arrange for the return of the original transmission to us.

Thanks! I'll probably just get a VIC then set it up via H.323.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: