Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ATA and overhead paging

I have a really old AT&T paging system that we ant to page to with our Call Manager 6.12 system. If I hook it to anport on an ATA I just get dialtone on the overhead paging. If I hook to an FXO port I see the number hit the port with a debug voice dialpeer inout but get a busy signal. This is just with default settings on both port types. Any configuration examples or help out there?

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: ATA and overhead paging

Hi Brian,

In most cases when using an Overhead paging system you will need some "mid-span" type device especially when replacing a "legacy" PBX type setup. All the Smarts so to speak, in a "legacy" config, are in the Paging Card (Ring detection, Audio Cut-through etc) so the equivalent is to use this Part with an FXS/ATA Port. So you dial the "mid-span" device and it answers and cuts-through the Voice Page to the Overhead system.

Something like this;

http://www.camelectronics.com/botateacmo.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you. The old paging system I have is a AT&T Pagepac 20. Is that what I would need to interface with that?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Brian,

Yes, it looks like this would be required. I just had a look for some config docs for the AT&T Pagepac 20 and there isn't too much. This looks like a pretty "old" unit :)

The truth is that it looks like a Paging Amp only, with no interface to answer/bridge a call from the Phone system. The Part I linked earlier (TAM-B) should fit your needs here.

Cheers!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content