cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA and t.38

thompson.josh
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been able to get a ATA to passthrough T.38. I know that they technically do not support this but I have heard that some people have been able to create a custom configuration file that allows them to.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You're mixing terms here. Fax pass-through is very different from T.38 fax relay. The ATA is *not* capable of T.38 fax relay. You should be buying VG202 or VG204 hardware instead of ATAs at this point.

Thank you for responding. I understand that traditional fax passthrough and T.38 fax relay are separate animals but I am dealing with a system that already has ATA's in place (the VOIP system was installed in 04). So they have dozens of ATA's and we are trying to find a way that they can continue to use them after converting to SIP trunks. The SIP trunk provider is insisting on using T.38. Would it be possible to transcode at the incoming voice gateway?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: