Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

ATA device for Door Phone

Hi,

I am trying to setup a doorphone/intercom through an ata device. I have an old Viking, single button intercom device that picks up the line when the button is pushed. I have the line on the ata device set to autodial a particular extension. Everything works fine, except when the call is disconnected on the cisco side. After the person hangs up, the door phone device continues to ring the autodial extension until it is physically disconnected. Does anyone know a way to have the ata device disconnect the line when the person on the other end hangs up? Thanks

7 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ATA device for Door Phone

Community Member

Had the same problem with a Viking connected to a VG248. By configuring Disconnect Supervision on the port where the Viking was connected everything started to work great.

I also have this problem with a VG224 but haven't found a solution yet.

Community Member

Hi,

I have had exactly the same problem, the work around i found was to remove the autodial and set up a number on the door access unit. This clear this problem but then I have another issue, that if when the door entry is pushed and dials an extension, the cisco side user, answers the call and decides NOT to open the door, the user just ends the call, I then get the reorder tone on the door access unit continually until the call eventually times out. Anyone any ideas on how to force the end call through to the end point on an ATA.

Community Member

Hi there,

Did you manage to resolve this issue? Its just that I am seeing the same thing. I have tried different ATA's, H323 and SCCP, CCM ver 4.02 and 4.1.3sr3 but always the same thing: when the IP phone disconnects the ATA continues to keep the line open.

There doesn't appear to be a supervisory disconnect function for FXS/ata ports.

Community Member

Nope, i haven't seen any solutions to this problem. Apparently there's no way to do a supervised disconnect on an ata device. I've also asked my cisco rep if there are any ip based door phones, specifically for cisco, but I haven't received any response.

For now I think I'm stuck putting some 7912's at our entrances. Fortunately most of them are covered.

Community Member

Hi,

I'm having similar issues using an ATA with a Panasonic DBS Doorphone (VB-3473UK). I've have further problem in that the Doorphone needs pulse dialing, which as far as I can tell is not supported on the ATA.

If I was to use an FXS port on a voice gateway/router would this provide the neccessary supervisory disconnect? (I know the FXS support pulse dialing which resolves my other issue).

Thanks,

Chris

Community Member

Hi,

I have some futher info on this but have yet to test. You may be able to change the polarity when a call is connected or disconnected, see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801e0e00.html#wp1062510

It is a bitmap value.

Like I say, I need to try this myself but it sounds promising.

Regards pulse dialing, its not something I have tried on an ata but I think I remember you can set dial-type pulse under the voice port on an fxs card.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content