Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATA Fax and IP Phone same extenstion

I have a user using an ATA that has a fax machine connected to the ATA. They have a 7971 phone with the same extension as port 1 on the ATA. I have a translation pattern for the outside number that points to this extension. All incoming calls ring both the fax machine and the IP phone, instead of the users voicemail picking up after a certain number of rings, the users fax machine picks up. I have checked the audio settings on the ATA device webpage to fax detect as explained in this document (http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/ata-fax.pdf) but it did not solve the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this..

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ATA Fax and IP Phone same extenstion

This has nothing to do with the ATA configuration. Your fax machine is answering the line before the CFNA timeout in CCM. Either reduce the CFNA timeout in CCM so the call gets answered by the voice gateway and sent to voicemail, or increase the number of rings before answer on the fax machine. Seems like a weird configuration however.

Re: ATA Fax and IP Phone same extenstion

I'll give that a try, thought that this could be the ATA so started looking there.

I agree, this is a weird configuration but this is how the user wants it.

Thanks again..

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content