Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA - Internal Ring Only

egrinkin1
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I recently deployed an ATA to be used with new ClearOne teleconferencing equipment. It's part of our new video conferencing rooms that are using celing microphones and speakers. The ClearOne device brings in the audio call and 'mixes' it so it sounds perfect.

Anyway, the issue is that when we dial the 4 digit internal extension, the device rings and can be answered. When the DID is called, they see the incoming ringing when monitoring, but the device is not making an audible tone or the pop up window doesn't work.

So, they won't be able to tell during a meeting that someone is calling in.

Any ideas?

CUCM 6.1 ATA 186 current firmware etc

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

The issue is that "when we dial the 4 digit internal extension, the device rings and can be answered."

"When the DID is called, they see the incoming ringing when monitoring, but the device is not making an audible tone or the pop up window doesn't work."

The ATA is not generating call waiting tone?

Where you see the incoming ringing?

Which pop up window? is that part of clearone conference?

Please give us more details?

Let us know

Okay - The 'issue' is that when the DID is dialed, the device does not ring. You'd hear it over the speakers in the ceiling if the incoming call was detected.

It's the ClearOne device that's not picking up the ringing. They monitored the call and 'saw the ringing'. That's all they said.

Today they tested dialing internally, the 4 digit extension, and the ClearOne device functioned properly and they heard the ringing on the speakers. They also programmed the software to push a pop up window on the Crestron panel (hand held touch screen remote) when an incoming call is detected. That also only works when dialed internally.

Any ideas on this one guys?

They monitored the device via CTI?

If the ClearOne device that's not picking up the ringing...i think they need a better technical explanation other than what they told u?

You can open a TAC case providing details about the integration but I also recommend u escalate in the other side.

mike.conlogue
Level 1
Level 1

Was this ever figured out?  We have a very similar problem.  You call the phone number internally it rings fine...but if you call the DID

the ATA never sends out ring voltage.  The DID is routing correctly.

I am hoping this was figured out previously but the answer was never posted?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: