Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA not registering

manumohan200
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having ATA 188 trying to register with Call Manager version 4.2(3). The hardware/firmware version of this device is as follows:

ata00112045ef27

Version: v3.1.0 atasip (Build 040211A)

DHCP Assigned: IP[10.230.204.7] Subnet[255.255.255.128] Route[10.230.204.1]

MAC: 0.17.32.69.239.39

ProductId: ATA188I1-A

Features: 0x00000017

HardwareVersion: 0x0010 0x0000

ATA is taking the IP address and the TFTP address, and I have added this box as an ATA 186. But it not registering, and I am not able to view the ATA IP address in Call Manager. ie Either ATA is not able to contact with the Call Manager ot Call Manager is not accepting requests from this ATA.

From the version, we can see this is SIP base version of ATA. Is it possible to register this with Call Manager?

If not what all upgrades need to be done and in what method to register the same?

Thanks,

Manu

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to upgrade to a SCCP image for the ATA to register as native phone on the CM.

The software can be downloaded on CCO if you have registered a support contract.

I thing is not enough to place the files on tftp directory (remember to update), so you need to manually prepare a file to force the updgrade. This is done with the 'ata tools' downloaded from the same firmware area.

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Here is a link to upgrading images manually using a phone hooked to the unit.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801e0df8.html#wp1011450

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks for your reply. From the document,You should use this procedure only if the Cisco CallManager IP address or URL has been statically configured with the CA0orCM0 or CA1orCM1 parameters.

What are these parameters? How do I configure this? I can see from the document to make a txt file. But where I should upload this file to ATA?

Thanks,

Manu

There are in fact multiple way to upgrade the ATA. I wasn't even aware of the "a186us.exe" method!

Anyway, you can generate a .cfg file from.txt, with cfgfmt utility. you put the atadefault.cfg file in the tftp directory, do update, at power on the ata will look for it and the actual fimrware file.

thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: