Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ATA SIP Design

Hi,

Need your help in understanding this.

There's a central location with let's say 5 ATAs and some 10 remote locations each with one ATA.

AIM - To have communication between all the analog phones connected to ATAs in all locations.

Challenge - CCM or CCME can not be positioned.

Solution - Have SIP firmware running on ATA considering the fact that H.323 and MGCP images are EOS for ATA.

Now all these ATAs can not have a communications amongst each other witohut an additional component.

My undersanding is that the additional component would be a proxy server. Do I need a Registrar server [Or a proxy server which can act as a registrar server] also?

Considering the fact that Cisco SIP Proxy server is EOS is there any product from cisco which can help achieve this? At this point of time I am not considering any third party products and wanted to explore Cisco Product line to achieve this.

-> Sushil

2 REPLIES

Re: ATA SIP Design

Cisco Presence Server CUPS 6.0, achieve's this. It will need to be licensed, however buying CCM gives you the license necessary to run the SIP-UA service of CUPS for free. I am running 2 CUPS servers for a SIP Proxy in a productions network and I love it!

HTH, please rate useful posts.

Chad

Re: ATA SIP Design

Thanks Chad,

I completely forgot about the Presence server.

I'll have to see if I can position a presence server just for this purpose.

-> Sushil

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content