Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ATA upgrade fails

I am working with TAC on a case that is particularly vexxing. I'm trying to upgrade an ATA186 from SCCP to H323. It should be pretty straightforward; type this command from the firware package's extracted directory and follow the directions;

sata186us ATA030000H323031210A.zup -d1 -any2

The ATA, however, reports that the upgrade has failed. The progress indicator shows that the ATA has indeed contacted the server and shows that the file has been uploaded. Has anyone run into this?

-Shikamaru

1 REPLY

Re: ATA upgrade fails

Okay, I figured out this issue; I downloaded the newest version of the firmware and it seemed to do the trick. For anyone interested in the process of upgrading an ATA of one call-control protocol firmware to another, here it is;

1 - You will need the firmware file (.zup), which is included with the download package from Cisco

2 - Extract all files from this package to a directory

3 - From command line, go to the directory and issue the following command;

sata186us -d1 -any ATA030102H323040927A.zup

4 - Go to the ATA device(make sure an anolog phone is connected to it). Press the configuration button on the ATA so that you can configure the ATA via the phone

5 - Enter this command via touchpad on the phone;

100#192*168*10*52*8000#

6 - This command is for illustrative purposes. The 192.168.10.52 portion of the command refers to the IP address of the upgrade server configured in step 3 (in fact, when you enter the command in step 3, the screen will explicitly tell you what to dial in on the phone.

7 - The ATA will return a message saying (hopefully) that the upgrade was successful.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content