Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ATA upgrade to 3.2.4 on CUCM 7.0

And there was me thinking it was going to be simple!

I can find no relevant documentation for this upgrade.

I see from the download page for the upgrade file that I am supposed to use cmterm-ata-3.2.4-sccp.cop.sgn for CUCM 7.0, but when I check the upgrade instructions all I see is information pertaining to the .zup file. So I tried with the .sgn file, uploading it the the TFTP server and entering it's name in the Phone Load section of the ATA, but nothing.

So then I got the ATA030204SCCP090202A.zup file and did the same, but still nothing.

Does anyone, Cisco included, know how to perform this upgrade please?

Thanks for reading

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: ATA upgrade to 3.2.4 on CUCM 7.0

I have tried and failed to get an automatic upgrade to work on both 6.x & 7.x, and have resigned myself to manual upgrades using the following procedure :

• Get the latest firmware .zip file for the ATA-186. As of   Feb 2009 this is 3.2(4).
  • Unzip the files to a local directory on a PC which has  access to the network where the ATA is.
  • Run 'sata186us.exe -any -d1 .zup on  the PC
  • Plug an analogue handset into port 1 on the ATA
  • Lift the handset and press the button on the ATA, ensuring  you hear the feature mode' message
  • Key 100#IPAddress*8000# using the phone  keypad where IP Address is the local PC IP address.
  • eg 100#192*168*1*1*8000# for IP address  192.168.1.1
  • The ATA will flash rapidly for ~20 seconds and then a  'Upgrade complete' message should be heard.

Hope this helps,

Alistair

4 REPLIES

The only way I thought was to change the Load information in the default device settings to the new .zup file, which I did and then restarted the ATA, but that didn't work either.

Cisco Employee

Can u pull down ata.cnf.xml and XMLDefault.cnf.xml 
from your CCM and check if they are within 4K in size?
There is a known issue where upgrade/registration fails
due to file size issue and you'd need to do it manually:
CSCsd44357 ATA186 Auto-Registration Fails if XMLDefault file exceeds 4k in Size

I have tried and failed to get an automatic upgrade to work on both 6.x & 7.x, and have resigned myself to manual upgrades using the following procedure :

• Get the latest firmware .zip file for the ATA-186. As of   Feb 2009 this is 3.2(4).
  • Unzip the files to a local directory on a PC which has  access to the network where the ATA is.
  • Run 'sata186us.exe -any -d1 .zup on  the PC
  • Plug an analogue handset into port 1 on the ATA
  • Lift the handset and press the button on the ATA, ensuring  you hear the feature mode' message
  • Key 100#IPAddress*8000# using the phone  keypad where IP Address is the local PC IP address.
  • eg 100#192*168*1*1*8000# for IP address  192.168.1.1
  • The ATA will flash rapidly for ~20 seconds and then a  'Upgrade complete' message should be heard.

Hope this helps,

Alistair

Hi Dilip,

Nope I can't see how to grab any files from the TFTP server.

Hi Alistair - brilliant! Nice and simple, we only have a dozen and I can do them manually, thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content