Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA186 and fire alarm systems

So we just deployed IPT at 8 new buildings.  Each has a fire alarm panel that requires a primary and backup phone line.  We are keeping the primary as a 1FB, but we want to provide the backup via an ATA186.  At 6 of these buildings this tested out fine.  At 2 of the buildings, it did not.

Have I mentioned yet how much I hate ATA's?

Same configuration, same model, same firmware, same CallManager on all 8. (SCCP ATA186 running 3.1.0 on a CUCM 6.1.4 network)  I have no idea why some work and some don't.  The failure looks like this.  When we put the butt set on to monitor, we hear the panel dial out, hear the remote end answer, hear the panel spew out a string of DTMF tones, then hear they remote end play an "OK, send that data whenever you're ready" tone.  It's acting like the remote end is not hearing anything, although we have confirmed that we are not experiencing one-way audio.

I was able to get one of the failing site up by running it through our H.323 gateway instead of an ATA.  When I put it on a dial-peer on the same VG as teh PRI, it worked fine.  However, that is not an option at the other failing site as they do not have a local VG, or a local router, for that matter (fiber-connected via a layer 3 switch).

My current threory is that CUCM is trying to carry the DTMF tones out-of-band, and this is an issue where the head can definitely tell if it is "live or Memorex".  However, I'm not sure how to force the ATA to using in-band signaling for DTMF.  Anyone?

0 Replies 0