Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA186 No Dialtone or Status Light

pm115
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, hopefully easy question.

I have an ATA186, which is just out of the box - no idea when it was bought, but it has not been used before.

It gets an IP & registers OK to my CCME 3.3 system, I can look at the web page to check the config, BUT whist the status light flashes when it first starts up, it does NOT come on when I lift the analog phone handset, and there is NO dial tone.

Is it dead ?????

Thanks

Pete

3 Replies 3

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

Check which whether its running SCCP or H.323 firmware.

The MS-DOS Windows-based debugging program tool, preserv.exe, is included in every software upgrade package. The prserv program is used in conjunction with the NPrintf configuration parameter (see the "NPrintf" section). This file serves as an upgrade server that captures debug information sent by the Cisco ATA software to your PC's IP address and port number. This debug file (prserv.exe) compiles the information from the Cisco ATA into a readable log file.

Hi, thanks for the reply, its running SCCP and from the web page on the device I can see its the correct image for my CCME system.

Any good ideas ?

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1

I guess it needs to be replaced (RMA )....... seen similar issues where they were replaced

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: