cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA187 - CME - PRI - Faxing

johnivey
Level 1
Level 1

Is there some document that describes how to setup an ATA187 connected to a fax machine to successfully send and receive faxes?  I am running CME 10, I have 187.9-2-3-1 running in the ATA.  I have dial tone, the ATA is registered with the correct DN, and faxes work - most of the time.  I have read through many articles on setting up various combinations of transcoders, T.38, pass-throughs, and codecs.  I can't seem to find a straight answer on the best way to set this up.

I get good faxes most of the time, but sometimes I only get the top or part of the top of a page.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

19 Replies 19

You can use the debug fax relay t30 all-level-1 command and then do the test.

Here you'll see the signaling on the t30 level. You can debug sip as well if you'd like, but the signaling would be ok as you are able to transmit 1 page successfully.

In the debug fax relay, you should check if the MPS signal is being sent by the sender, or if it's an EOP. The MPS indicates that the sender has more pages to transmit and will wait for the recepient's acknowledgement before proceeding with the next page.

Thanks

Sree

johnivey

Were you able to further tshoot the issue?

HTH

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Yes, after correcting the clocking issue I have had no slip seconds.  I am waiting to see if I get anymore complaints of cut-off faxes.  I have not taken the time to do the debug test yet.  I plan to do that next week.  I will update this issue once I'm sure its resolved.  Thanks to everyone for their fine suggestions!  I will rate the posts once I confirm the issue is resolved.

John

johnivey
Level 1
Level 1

Things seemed to have righted themselves after adjusting the clocking settings.  Thanks for all your help!

Great to hear the issue is resolved!

Thanks for rating

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.